LAZR 2D platformer is now on Kickstarter with a Demo for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to Texas based developer Garrick Campsey. Since the crowdfunding campaign is now live. Asking for a pledge goal of $10,000 USD with 22 days to go.
The studio’s past games include Astro4X. Launching on Kickstarter for his newest project, LAZR – A Clothformer. A unique, skill-based 2.5D platformer. Also enhanced by deep physics simulations (especially cloth). While taking place in a thriving neon cyberpunk dystopia. All inspired by Akira, Judge Dredd, and Bladerunner.
LAZR Kickstarter Trailer
Following a viral Twitter video showing the game’s physics. Over the past year, LAZR’s development continues to grow. Working alongside the player community. While carefully crafting a finely tuned platformer. One that’s also especially suited for speedrunning and player achievement. There is a recent demo available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Featuring a variety of levels and challenges. While giving players a taste of what to expect in the full game.
A slew of unique features:
- Unique, one of a kind, dynamic Platforming Physics. Due to cloth, fire, and weather effects
- Hundreds of levels to play in LAZR. Including extra challenge levels and training courses
- Hero customization – different shell modifications. Since this allows the player to tailor the hero’s abilities. So features such as fully auto laser fire. All the up to more acrobatic shells.
- Choices also deeply affect the protagonist’s journey. Not to mention the city around them. So you can expect multiple endings
- LAZR comes with highly polished and responsive input. While including timed levels designed for speedrunning
- Vibrant neon retro pixel art and animations. Combining this with pre-rendered 3D. Describe a futuristic dystopia where both AI and humans live in a dangerous balance
LAZR 2D platformer will ideally launch in 2020/2021. While a release on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. But also on Switch, PS Vita, PS4, and Xbox One. The game already has a live Steam page. So be sure to add the game to your Wishlist today.