Learning Factory first major update releases in Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC. Thanks to the continuing efforts of developer Luden.io. Which is available on Steam Early Access with 82% Very Positive reviews.
The first major update is out for Learning Factory. Leveling up the factory automation game with machine learning elements (and lots of cats). In this first major update, players will be able to enjoy a new game mode. While creating their own maps thanks to a new procedural map generator. Plus you can also enjoy a bunch of quality of life improvements. Plus continuing support in Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC.
An (almost) Complete List of New Features:
- Enjoy a procedural map generator that allows creating unique maps with all kinds of landscapes and options. Will you be able to create a factory on a bunch of islands?
- Design your dream island thanks to the terraforming tool. Since this allows lifting and relocating pieces of ground. Along with growing plants.
- Play the new Learning Factory Freeplay Mode. Which will let you build a factory with no ties to the tutorial.
- Move faster on your own hoverboard (an unlockable item through research)
- New character design (cat included!)
- A new machine for production: the Loom
- Plus New resource: Cloth
- A factory analytics tool that detects issues with sales and/or production and shows graphs to the players so they can solve them
- Updated art and animations as well as bug fixes
- Updated localizations
Learning Factory is a game where you have to design and build increasingly big and complex factories. Since it’s up to you to make goods for cats. However, it brings a unique twist to the genre thanks to machine learning. You have to collect feedback from your feline clients and analyze their data with machine learning models. Do so until you understand how to really make them happy.
Just like Luden.io’s previous game, the acclaimed puzzle game about machine learning while True: learn(). Learning Factory is backed by specialists in the subject. While implementing real-world machine learning models. If you want to learn more about this key discipline in today’s world, you will get to understand how big data is collected and processed. So you can get useful information out of it. Or you can just focus on making the biggest and quirkiest factories for your cats.
Learning Factory Trailer – April 2021
Learning Factory is a factory automation game, which is named KOTOVOD and located on Mars. Backed by actual specialists in the matter and using real-world machine learning models. The gameplay also aims at teaching how big data is collected and processed in machine learning. In Learning Factory you will be learning about two of the most relevant technologies of our time. All while you play a super fun strategy game.
- Build a factory from scratch to make goods for cats
- Automate and optimize Learning Factory to be as efficient as possible
- Research new stuff to make and build machines to do the job
- Build cat entertaining facilities inside your new research lab. Collect useful data on their behavior
- Get sales data and analyze it with Machine Learning to create better quality and custom stuff
- Optimize your factory to unveil the mystery of cats’ true nature and how they can change the Universe
While Learning Factory is available for $14.99 USD / €11.99 via Steam Early Access. Luden.io has started a series of dev diaries and livestreams. So be sure to follow them to keep up with updates about Learning Factory. Which is still in development via Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC.