LEGO Minifigures Online left Beta and is officially launches in Linux, Steam, Mac and Windows games. Also ready to bring a new online game for fans. Available now on Steam.
When Funcom began work on the new hit game LEGO Minifigures Online. They knew playability across multiple architectures would be key. So they wanted fast load times and snappy graphics. And it is important that they achieved a great playing experience. No matter which platform gamers logged in from. The Funcom team engaged the help of Intel Software and Services group (SSG). Gaining insights for key optimizations, and the result, “Everything is awesome.”
Funcom already had plenty of experience before LEGO Minifigures Online. Fitting into the MMO arena with mainstream titles such as Anarchy Online, Age of Conan, and The Secret World. There were some bumps along the way, but Funcom is a recognized expert in online gaming and previously worked with children’s titles, including for the Danish company, LEGO, in the past.
Funcom managing director and chief technology officer, Rui Casais, was a key executive on the production team, working with every part of the technology, including all the tools that allowed the developers, artists, and designers to create their compelling content. But LEGO Minifigures Online was truly different, and it completely took over the office.
A 10-year veteran at Funcom, Casais said his Oslo-based team has truly enjoyed the project. “LEGO Minifigures are everywhere. We all have them on top of our computers. We swap their heads, hats, and bodies, and put swords into the hands of the skiers. We have a big LEGO Death Star with LEGO Star Destroyers around it, and people are definitely engaged. All of us played with LEGO as kids, and some of us play with LEGO now, with our kids. And some of us just play with LEGO as adults, too . . . without the kids.”
So LEGO Minifigures Online officially launches for the first time. And is also NOT “free-to-play”. Once you’ve got the game, the only paying you willl be doing is buying minifigures in real life, in physical toy stores, allowing you then to enter codes to gain access to the figures you have purchased.
- An online game for LEGO fans of all ages; play together with your friends and thousands of other LEGO fans from all over the world!
- Play together across platforms; Play on an iPhone with your dad on a high-powered PC, and switch freely between Linux, Mac, Windows PC, iOS and Android!
- Collect more than 100 Minifigures and build your own team — Minifigures have their own unique personalities and awesome powers!
- Explore classic LEGO worlds, from pirate islands to alien planets, and discover their unique stories and gameplay!
- Smash all sorts of enemies, from dragons to sea monsters, to minotaurs and aliens, and gain experience to make your Minifigures even more powerful!
- Use the codes found inside real Minifigures collectible bags to unlock and play with Minifigures in-game!
- KidSafe certification and full COPPA compliance ensures a safe and secure online experience for everyone.
In LEGO Minifigures Online you get to explore several amazing, classic LEGO worlds, stretching from pirate-infested tropical islands to the vacuum of space. Battle dragons, sea monsters, dinosaurs, aliens and much more, as you go through unique and colorful locations brimming with things to see and things to do. Come across unique activities, such as the chance to jump into a UFO and go firing off plungers at your enemies, turning yourself into a bomb, or even go trimming the trees with forestry machinery in the Enchanted Forest!
Play online with thousands of players from all over the world, or just team up with your closest friends; LEGO Minifigures Onlinefeatures full-cross platform play, allowing gamers on Linux, Mac, Windows PC, iOS and Android to play together in the same, persistent online world. You can even switch device and continue where you left off! The game is KidSafe certified and fully COPPA compliant, ensuring a safe and secure online experience for everyone.
LEGO Minifigures Online officially launches now on Steam, an online game for fans across multiple platforms for Linux, SteamOS, Mac and Windows PC.