Since everything does not have to be brute force. Armies are vital, of course, but there are other ways to succeed. Such as building a force of officials, for example. So you can use your flattery as a weapon against others. Or draw wealth and power from the remote regions of your realm, while you work to build a huge city as the engine of your income. You can try many new routes to global power in Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan when it releases next month.
Leviathan is the newest expansion to Paradox’s grand strategy classic. Taking place in the early modern world. Also the first release from the Barcelona based Paradox Tinto. The Leviathan expansion adds new options for political and economic play. Due to become available for Europa Universalis IV players on April 27th, 2021.
Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan – Story Trailer
One of the highlights of Leviathan expansion is the ability to use political Favors. Since this lets you gain benefits from other nations. If you post a diplomat to curry favor in a foreign nation. This requires you to slowly build up enough diplomatic power to request material aid. As well as making changes in bonds and even the return of core provinces.
Other features of the expansion include:
- New Regency Options: Regency councils represent the interests of the most powerful estate. They can also be extended to delay the rise of an unfit leaders.
- Specialized Colonial Nations: Let your colonies focus on military help, trade power, or self government.
- Concentrate Development: You can now steal development from your servant or regional control to build the power of your capital city.
- Pillage Capital: Loot an enemy capital as an option for peace. Then taking that growth back to the capital metropolis.
- Expand Infrastructure: in Leviathan expansion provinces can expand their capacity to build new buildings and businesses. While allowing smaller nations to create centers of wealth for a modest cost.
- Centralize State: Reduce the cost of government by spending unused Reform points.
- Totemism: Nations that follow the Totemist religion can revere a shrine of past leaders. Also, earning bonuses that reflect the skills they had in life.
- Monuments: Expand and set up great projects, adding new bonuses to your empire.
- New Unit Models: New army sprites for Southeast Asian nations. This includes Indochinese, Indonesian and Polynesian nations.
- And more: Including the ability to carpet siege enemy provinces. Draft transports as a backer nation, and watch heirs gain rights. Awaiting a place on the throne and other changes.
Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan expansion will be available on April 27th, 2021. Releasing via Steam and on Paradox Plaza. Priced at $19.99 USD / £15.49 / €19.99. Available with support in Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC.