Lilith Odyssey space sim adventure due to get a port for Linux with Windows PC. Thanks to details from developer Chaystar Unlimited. Due to make its way on to Steam this August.
Duo developer studio Chaystar Unlimited announced the release of Lilith Odyssey. Since this is a five year passion project inspired by a nostalgia for Oregon Trail. And also the immersive depth of No Man’s Sky. Lilith Odyssey takes the survival strategy gameplay of a journey adventure. Then puts it also into an oddball, low poly galaxy filled with alien cultures and animals. Including space businesses and the freedom to explore more than 1000 unique worlds.
On top of all that goodness. And according to the Discussion post, it looks like a Linux port will be in the mix.
…not initially, but in the weeks after release, I’ll probably try to port the game to Linux (we are already based in Unity, so it shouldn’t be too tough, but there may be some integration issues).
The use of Unity 3D is no surprise. But it looks like a Linux port will be coming after the initial release. The demo even plays well using Proton 6.3-4 too. Since Lilith Odyssey will remain in early access for up to one year. So this means we should be able to expect a solid native build.
Lilith Odyssey Announcement Trailer
With Lilith Odyssey aims to bring a fresh take to the space adventure genre. Due to simulating an alien family’s journey across the cosmos. Where players to feel the challenge and mystery of a galactic journey. Flight sim mechanics are used to ride solar rays across vast distances. Balancing that with the strategy to manage supplies. You will also have to defend against space and ground level threats. While exploring opportunities for food, fuel and goods on alien worlds. The hope is that the adventure captures the grand scale of long distance space travel. Drawing players into the civilization of a strange galaxy that comes with its own lingo and history. Including Lilith Odyssey in-game radio of original “pop hits” and ads. The story has a beginning and an end, but it’s the player’s leadership that defines the rest.
This demo is a tutorial that challenges the player. Since they will traverse a sandbox mini-galaxy and reach the other side. Players will sample game play that includes:
- Purchasing and outfitting space sailers that glide on solar rays
- Advancing Lilith Odyssey food and fuel gathering operations
- Charting paths along solar highways to travel deadly space storms and “dead zones”
- Beaming your family down to planets, moons, and asteroids. All to harvest fuel and resources
- Fending off strange creatures and hostile settlers
- Researching survival tech, defenses, and weaponry for planets and cosmic travel
- Tuning into the Grand Theft Auto-inspired radio station. The game’s original soundtrack includes “hit songs”. DJ segments and ads that are completely unique to the Lilith Odyssey universe
Steam Early access is to begin on August 6th, 2021. Lilith Odyssey is gearing up for your space leadership skills. The space sim adventure is due to arrive on Windows PC. Then with the full release, evolve onto Linux.