Meganoid challenging platformer now on Steam
The latest gaming news comes from #Orangepixel. Hence the developers of #challenging platformer roguelike Meganoid. A game created by one rather experienced developer in just 2 months. Hence the official release on Steam and Humble Store for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
So being that Meganoid is a challenging #platformer. Where gameplay combines a demanding Meat-boy style. With Spelunky type exploration in space. Yes this news is that hardcore. All to introduce a game with original style all it’s own.
Meganoid is a procedurally generating level design on every gaming playthrough. So find as many items to enhance your character and his abilities. All while you descend down into the Meganoid space ship. Do you rush for the exit? Or do you take your time to collect everything?
Hopefully escaping the security drones that hunt you down if you linger about.
- Levels randomly generated on every game session. Based on a set of templates. Making the levels unique but familiar at the same time.
- A platformer with “roguelike” elements. Consumables, alternate routes, procedural generation. While devices and gadgets add depth to the challenging gameplay of the original Meganoid
- So there are a lot of collectible items that change the character’s abilities in navigating the world. Find a jetpack to start flying around or anti-gravity-boots to perform double jumps, and more.
- Find and unlock hidden bonus area’s. Providing player with a short-cut. Or even very rare and powerful items.
- Since this is a hackable game world. Finding green key-cards will allow players to modify certain elements. Each reacting or responding differently. Like stopping rocket-launchers from working. Decreasing enemy rocket range. Or using destroyed robots to drop extra lives.
- Unlock the database with info on all the items and enemies you encounter. All to become prepared for your next try.
- So in true Meganoid tradition, you’ll die a lot and in different ways. But you’ll also learn to overcome the difficulties. While discovering how the Meganoid world operates. Then eventually get to the bottom of it!
Meganoid is officially available now on Steam and Humble Store. Releasing with a 10% discount on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Since the full price is only $4.99/£3.99, it’s a great deal, until April 3rd.