Streets of Rogue rogue-lite co-op stealth shooter RPG brawler launches on Early Access
Streets of Rogue is a rogue-lite co-op stealth #shooter RPG #brawler mega #game. Hence now available on Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. While also featuring online multiplayer and an insane amount of characters and in-game items.
“Early Access allows players to help shape the game in a way that’s never been possible before — and Streets of Rogue is EXACTLY the sort of game that can greatly benefit in this regard. The game’s world is super goofy and chaotic, and lends itself to having a wide variety of weird and wacky content. This, combined with the open-ended nature of the gameplay, means that if anyone has a suggestion for something cool they want to see in the game (items, character types, playfield objects, etc.), there’s a very good chance I’ll be able to add it!”
Since Streets of Rogue gameplay takes inspiration from fast-paced top-down rogue-lites. Hence games like Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne, and adds free-form, experimentation-driven, emergent gameplay elements of RPGs like Deus Ex.
Rather than taking place in a dungeon, the game is set in a functioning, procedurally generated city. While Linux players will appreciate the complex AI informs denizens from all walks of life. Those who are just trying to get by in their daily activities.
So in order to progress, the player will need to accomplish specific mission goals. And doing so in any way they see fit through use of their special character traits, items, and the environment.
Current state of the Early Access version?
“The core game is extremely playable and polished. Though it may contain a few more bugs than I’d like, most of these aren’t the sort of bugs that will break your game. It’s more the “banana transforms into a stove for no reason” variety. Most of the major planned features are implemented and working, such as local and online coop, unlockables, and game mutators. Online coop will likely have more bugs than other game modes.”
Streets of Rogue Features:
- Play the game YOUR way! Don’t want to kill anybody? That’s cool! Want to hack computers? Got ya covered!
- Random world generation and TOTALLY EXTREME gameplay variety means you can play for 600 hours and not get bored! Seriously though, go outside!!!
- Super-advanced artificial intelligence that won’t put up with your crap! Outsmart these virtual humans and feel superior to your computer!
- Play as over 20 (and growing!) wildly different types of characters! Bartender, scientist, hacker, gorilla — hey, your job is probably in there too!
- Stupidly huge variety of items! Shrink rays, hypnotizing devices, boomboxes, bear traps, food processors.. Oh, and guns too.
- 4-Player online and local cooperative modes lets you brutalize goons AND loneliness!
- Lead a gang, free slaves, drink beer, gib ghosts, become a vampire, shrink people and stomp on them. The most insanely varied game ever made.
Streets of Rogue rogue-lite co-op stealth shooter RPG brawler is available on Early Access. Hence the released with a 10% discount until March 17th for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
Have something to say? Login and leave your comment.