Littlewood a new casual RPG worth playing on Linux, Mac and Windows PC after a year of Early Access. Thanks to developer Sean Young with his unique creation. The games available on both Steam and GOG.
Littlewood begins after defeating the Dark Wizard. The world of Solemn is finally at peace. But at what cost? You can’t quite remember…
So now it’s time to put things back together. Since gameplay formulates based on similar content and art style as Stardew Valley. Doing so in an artful style that lets you build and master skills. So you can find resources. In Littlewood you help rebuild the town and your home. Then learn new hobbies and forge friendships. All created for a rather casual RPG worth playing on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. You can see the full release details and changes via Steam. Here is the rundown of everything in the game itself across Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
The Hero Who Saved the World
- Explore the vast world of Solemn. Enchanted Forests, Bustling Fishing Towns, & Dark Mining Caves are some of the few places to visit.
- Meet Townsfolk and convince them to stay in your town. Perhaps meeting people will unlock your memories of the past…
- Collect rare items and materials found across the world and bring them back to your town for selling and crafting!
Customize Your Town
- Harvest materials by chopping wood, mining ores, catching bugs, and fishing in rivers and ponds!
- Unlock new structures to build by meeting new Townsfolk. Want a Tavern or a Lumber Mill? How about a Fishing Hut or a Magical Library? Your town’s design is all up to you!
- Fulfill your Townsfolk’s requests. Some may want to live on a higher elevation, others may want to be surrounded by trees and water. Fulfilling the requests of your Townsfolk will earn you their hearts and unlock new relationship paths.
Littlewood v1.0 Launch Trailer (Linux, Mac and Windows PC)
While Littlewood does keep you the player involved in the game. You also have a Wiki available as a quick reference. From there you can get access to the other recent changes, a community portal, and Discord. There is also a breakdown of tools with a printable version. Not to mention a full reference for all of the details listed below.
Master New Hobbies & Crafts
- Gathering: Whether you’re picking fruit or picking weeds, your gathering skill will level up! The Gatherer’s Glove is needed to unlock this ability.
- Mining: Looking for shiny ores to collect? Interested in rare materials for crafting? Then mining is for you!
- Woodcutting: Those pesky trees and debris that keep popping up all over town needs to be chopped! Wood is an essential material for building new structures and furniture in Littlewood.
- Bug Catching: Craft a Bug Net and catch all sorts of critters. Be sure to go bug hunting during each season and at different times of the day!
- Fishing: There’s nothing quite like relaxing by a pond with a fishing rod in hand. You can sell fish for a decent price at the Shopping District, or use them as ingredients for new cooking dishes.
- Farming: Plant some seeds in tilled soil and wait a few days. Veggies are an essential ingredient to many cooking recipes! Also, they make your town look pretty.
Cooking and being a Merchant:
- Cooking: Once you’ve built the Tavern and have become good friends with Bubsy, you’ll be able to start cooking delicious meals for your Townsfolk! Maybe you can attract rare Townsfolk by serving unique dishes…
- Crafting: There are tons of structures, decorative monuments, and furniture to craft in Littlewood. Often times your Townsfolk will request specific objects that they would like to be placed in their home. Make sure you gather enough building materials!
- Merchanting: Selling items at the Shopping District will net you large sums of Dewdrops, which is the main currency in Solemn. As you become a better Merchant, rarer items will appear for you to buy!
- Tarott Master: Once the Dark Wizard was defeated, all of his monsters were sealed away into Tarott Cards. Many Townsfolk collect and battle with these cards, and there is even a big competition held each year in Dirboros. Get collecting!
Make New Friends in Littlewood
- Willow: A cheery young girl who wants to rebuild Littlewood. She found you in the middle of the forest and took care of you for 3 days while you were unconscious. She likes working with tools and is quite proficient at building things.
- Dalton: A ditsy boy who loves going on adventures with you. Despite his forgetfulness and silly demeanor, he actually can tell some very clever jokes. He enjoys fishing, catching bugs, and shopping for cool furniture.
- Lilith: A Wizard who graduated at the top of her class at Alexandria’s Magical Academy. When she’s not reading a book she’s mixing random things together to make potions that may or may not explode. Also, she is your biggest fan.
- And many more!