Lonesome Village adventure coming to Kickstarter
Lonesome Village is a new fantasy adventure game coming to Kickstarter for Linux and Windows PC. Thanks to Mexican indie studio Ogre Pixel. Who are eager to announce their upcoming crowdfunding campaign.
Lonesome Village will be going live on Kickstarter on September 17th. While the goal for the campaign is to cover financial needs for further game development. This will also be the eighth game developed by the studio. Their current games up to now are all on mobile. So this will be Ogre Pixel’s venture into development for PC and Console. Which is also confirmed for Linux as well.
Lonesome Village is being developed with Unity. So yeah we can expect a Linux port.
What can you expect from Lonesome Village? The game takes place in a cozy, quiet town. Which is also struggling to rebuild after a strange disaster wipes out everyones home. Likewise, this is where players take on the role of Wes. A little coyote that comes to the town eager to bring it back from the edge of destruction. While saving kidnapped villagers from a mysterious tower outside town.
This 2D puzzle filled adventure will be similar to classic RPG’s. Since Lonesome Village takes inspiration from the puzzles of Zelda games. Then including the social and life simulation of Animal Crossing. The gameplay details in the tech demo somewhat resemble that of The Binding of Isaac.
Lonesome Village – Tech Demo Trailer 3
“Since I was a child, thanks to video games. I discovered that a controller, a console, and a TV. All allowed me to explore incredible stories and fantasy worlds. That same feeling is what motivates us to work on Lonesome Village. Our first video game in development for PC and consoles. To achieve this dream we have decided to launch a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter. We hope you like it and support us :)”
- Gorgeous, inviting art style – Lonesome Village is the perfect place to rest up after a long day adventuring.
- A detailed and fascinating world full of mystery and adventure.
- Mind bending puzzles to gain access and make your way up the mysterious magic tower. While working through one dungeon at a time.
- Hang out and make friends with a variety of cute characters.
- Save villagers from a perilous stay in the tower. And help get them back home to Lonesome!
- Make Lonesome your home – earn land in the village. While you build and customize your house inside and out.
- Help Lonesome grow by working in your garden and fishing in the nearby lakes.
- Discover the gripping story of Lonesome’s origins and learn about Wes’s secret past.
Lonesome Village will be coming to both Steam and Nintendo Switch. Kickstarter’s pre-launch page is also available. So you can register and be get when the crowdfunding campaign goes fully live here.