The Long Reach adventure thriller releases with day-one Linux support. The games available on Steam for Mac and Windows as well. There is also a Public Demo Version on Steam for anyone who wants to try it out. Which I have yet to personally play, since owning the full game.
At first look, The Long Reach is an adventure game. Yet a closer inspection also reveals it’s a thrilling horror story. Complete with a sci-fi ideology, psychological context and a sceptical view of the human psyche.
Since The Long Reach takes place in New Hampshire. All in the fictional town of Baervox. The game also draws inspiration from Lone Survivor and The Cave and all the classic adventures (except that The Long Reach is set in the present day). You don’t play in a post-apocalyptic world or explore a fairy-filled fantasy world. You’re in the thick of it, just around the corner from the place where you buy your groceries.
The Long Reach Teaser (Linux, Mac, Windows)
The Long Reach Features:
- A horror-thriller hell bent on screwing with your perception of things.
- The game misuses stunning pixel art to create gruesome and unsettling images.
- You’ll be playing as Calvin throughout the game – this is an example of the lies and deception that we have in store for you.
- You won’t be forced to figure everything out. Escape if you wish, in fact, we encourage you to run for your life!
- Solve puzzles that require thinking outside the box. The box provided by our publisher was never used during the development.
- You’ll be able to talk with plenty of characters. In fact, you’ll have a chance to pitch in every five lines or so.
- A classic adventure game inventory filled with keys and weird stuff (note: no Elvish swords glowing faintly blue when evil is close in this game).
- Original atmospheric and haunting soundtrack. The composer’s not right in the head, he brought weird stuff home to use in the soundtrack. We’re all concerned for his cat.
Steam, GOG and Humble Store day-one releases:
About Painted Black Games
Painted Black Games is a young Ukrainian game dev studio. There are four of us and we’re making our first joint game – an adventure thriller The Long Reach. The creating process started in 2015. The creation of Painted Black Games wasn’t an accident. It was the only logical result of people passionate about creating games meeting each other.