The critically acclaimed Loop Hero has now welcomed over 800,000 players. Doing so on its endless adventure on Steam. Now the brave adventurers at Four Quarters have revealed the first major update for the game. All due to focus on player feedback, quality of life improvements. Including new tiles and enemies.
New Loop Hero features include:
- Save On The Go: The new update features an option to save and exit Loop Hero in the middle of an expedition. Also preserving your progress.
- Perks Deck: A new option that locks boss perks so they don’t drop in the expedition perk pool.
- Escape From Battle: Safety conscious heroes can now escape during battles with 30 percent of their resources.
- Speed Up: The speed button now includes up to 4x expedition speed and 2.5x battle speed.
- Inventory Management: Items can now be locked in the inventory by right clicking on them.
- Deck Switching: Decks can now be switched in the cards, supplies, and perks menus.
- New Tiles, New Enemies: Three new tiles and two new enemies have been added to Loop Hero. But it’s up to heroes to find them …
In addition to this update, video game documentarians Noclip releases a film charting the creation of Loop Hero. Right from Ludum Dare game jam to Steam best seller.
Watch the full documentary:
The Lich has thrown the world into a timeless loop. Plunging its occupants into never ending chaos. Wield an expanding deck of mystical cards to place enemies, buildings, and terrain. Doing so along each unique Loop Hero expedition loop for the brave hero. Recover and equip powerful loot. Doing so each class of hero for their battles and expand the survivors’ camp. Due to reinforce each adventure through the loop. Unlock new classes, new cards, and devious guardians on your quest. So you can shatter the endless cycle of despair.
Loop Hero new tiles and enemies update is available via Steam and Humble Store owners. The regular price of $14.99 USD gets a discount of 33% on Steam, down to $9.99 USD. All while continuing support in Linux gaming, Mac, and Windows PC.