Making History: The Second World War is the 4th title of a series of turn-based Grand Strategy games. Also, the games now in Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows. A unique open design allowing players to experience various outcomes for World War II. Hence an industrial conflict between the Great Powers of the Machine Age.
So the battles begin in the factories, mines and the research labs. Then resolving in the fields, skies and seas across the globe. While players and the AI are face historical decisions that change the course of history. Since this makes every play every through a new immersive Grand Strategy experience. Playable in both single-player and Steam-based Multiplayer.
Making History: The Second World War is still in development however it is mostly feature complete and playable.
Making History: The Second World War Video:
Since the developer is open with the community. It’s somewhat of off-putting to know the list of issues. Consequently that open interaction with the community will shape the games full release.
So for those keen to strategy games, this will be your opportunity to shape the final release. And the plot and nature of the games structure gets my attention. Plus that Linux, Mac and Windows support is rather nice bonus in Early Access.
So what issues are in the current version?
- No Manual or Tutorial yet.
- Game pacing is not finished. Some wars end too quickly.
- Not all the events have been added to the game. Most Events after 1940 or incomplete.
- The North Africa and the Asian/Pacific theater needs attention.
- Some UI elements may still be stand- in art.
- Game balancing will be an ongoing process through this period.
- Saved games might be broken after updates, although we will try to avoid that.
- AI adjustments will be and on-going process through this period.
- Features additions or alterations are possible through this period.
- Encyclopedia & Nation Descriptions are incomplete.
- Option to show less unit model sets not completed.
- Achievements not implemented.
- More Music Tracks will be added.
Gameplay features to be available upon Release:
- Extensive Event content covering pivotal decisions and themes in WWII.
- Hundreds of additional alternative historical events (Release Version)
- Play any nation (Release Version)
- 280 Separate Nationalities (Release Version)
- Colonies, Protectorates and Puppet Governments
- Easy to use scenario Editor for Modding
- Game played across horizontal wrapping World Map
- AI focus on tactical Carrier Gameplay
- Nuclear Attack AI and Tactics
- Dedicated Strategic Bombing AI
- Aggressive AI Air Patrol Tactics
- Strafing Attack Orders
- Air Transport, Railroad, Shipping and Mobilized Unit movement
- Hundreds of Unit Models featuring the most iconic aircraft, tanks and ships
- Missile Launcher Units
- Nuclear Delivery Units
- Jet Era Units
- Paratrooper and Glider Attacks
- Kamikaze Units
- Full Range of Armored and Artillery Units
- Naval Surface and Submarine forces
- Nation Unique Infantry Unit Models
- Naval Supply Vessels to extend Fleet ranges
- Region City Infrastructure Projects
- Detailed Research Tree covering technologies from Pre-Industrial to Atomic Eras
- Sophisticated Economic System
- Build Factories and other city infrastructure
- Expand Resource Output and trade to Supply your Factories and Troops
- Auto-Trade System Option
So Making History: The Second World War releases in Early Access with full support for Linux, Mac and Windows.
- OS: Ubuntu 12.04 or later
- Processor: Intel Core2 Duo 2.4Ghz or Higher / AMD 3Ghz or Higher
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Storage: 1 GB available space