Metro Exodus finally the first person shooter game shows signs of support for Linux beside Windows PC. Thanks to developer 4A Games and publisher Deep Silver. Currently available on Humble Store, Steam and Epic Store.
Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter. Which is also the creation of 4A Games. While blending in deadly combat and stealth. Along with exploration with survival horror. All in probably one of the most immersive game worlds ever created. Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels. And follow a rather thrilling story-line. This spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn. All the way into the depths of nuclear winter. So you can see why the Steam reviews are a solid 89% Very Positive.
Now Metro Exodus certainly comes with even better news, Linux. As per this weekend recent comment on Steam.
We are working on it [Linux] – more news soon.
Since both Metro 2033 and Last Light have a Linux build. Why not Exodus? And rightly so, seeing we had a hint back in 2018. And contact since has been somewhat quiet. Probably trying to equate the demand and positive reception.
Metro Exodus takes place a quarter century after nuclear war. Since there are few thousand survivors. All still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow. Surviving in the tunnels of the Metro.
They have struggled against the poisoned elements. While fighting off mutated beasts and paranormal horrors. And suffering the flames of civil war.
But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro. Lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent spanning journey. As you venture across post-apocalyptic Russia. Searching for a new life in the East.
Metro Exodus – Launch Trailer
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive. Join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story of Metro Exodus. This links classic Metro gameplay. While including huge new, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness. Brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry. Then engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey. So your decisions have a consequence. All in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness. A ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over. The howl of a mutant on the night wind. Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…
Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky. Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet.