The dark monster taming game has been in development since 2016 by Studio Aurum. Due to a devoted one person developer from Canada. Studio Aurum got its inspiration for Monster Crown from classic monster games. Such as Dragon Warrior Monster 2, Keitai Denjū Telefang and the first two generations of Pokémon.
Also, expect Monster Crown to be in Early Access anywhere from 6 to 12 months. Giving the developer a chance to work with the community. Since the Early Access version already contains about one third of the story. Including the basis for most of the features. However, both story, features and content will expand throughout Early Access.
Monster Crown – Early Access Trailer
Unravel Crown Island’s dark, cruel story as you create your own monster legacy. With a history of sadistic rulers and heroic saviors. The island also faces another threat in the form of a malicious young woman seeking power. It’s up to you and the monsters you make pacts with to prevent the return of tyranny. Will your decisions make you a savior or a dark messiah?
- Make pacts with monsters to receive their protection in return for shelter.
- Breed and fuse over 200 base monsters to create your own new species.
- Travel across Crown Island with your monster allies to uncover a dark world.
- Make a pivotal decision that will drastically change the ending and post-game.
- Play online to battle and trade, and have your new species reach across the globe.
Monster Crown releases with support for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. The JRPG is now live on Steam Early Access with a 10% discount until August 7th. So this brings the price down to $13.49 USD from $14.99 USD.