We are always interested in more survival horror games, there seems to be a trend, obviously set from cross-platform titles like the Amnesia series, amongst others. #Monstrum is similar in #rogulelike qualities and the title launches on Steam #EarlyAccess January 29, but you can have a look at the video for it featuring the in-game footage.
Developed by Team Junkfish the survival horror game set on a derelict cargo ship which combines roguelike elements, such as procedurally generated levels and permadeath thanks to AI driven predators.
Monstrum will be available at a discounted price of $14.99/£9.99//€12.50, which will increase to$17.99/£11.99/€14.99 when the game launches fully in Q2 2015.
Here’s a list of initial Early Access features:
- Two unique monsters, each with their own tracking methods and hunting styles
- Three potential escape routes, each with their own challenges to solve
- Four ship sections to navigate through
- A procedurally generated environment, no ship is ever the same.
- A variety of distractions, hiding places and tools to aid your survival
The full release of Monstrum will include the following features:
- Multiple Pursuers – Three different monster types, each with different behaviours and tactics means you’ll need to find out what you’re up against before deciding on your plan. Will you be able to work your way out of an ambush or a direct attack after being spotted? And will the same actions work each time?
- Procedural Arena – Each time you load up the game the ship will have a different layout, putting the player’s navigation skills to the test.
- Escape Routes – Choose from multiple escape routes, each of which will require a different combination of items and methods to use, changing with the layout of the ship.
- Dangerous Environment – Even while not being chased you will need to be on your guard, as the ship will be riddled with traps and hazards, ranging from simple alarms that alert the monster to lethal threats.
- Distractions – Use whatever you can find to try and distract the monster to lure it away from you. Leave the lights on in a room you’ve just left, turn on a radio down the hall, throw items down the stairs to make noise, do what you need to avoid detection. And if that fails…
- Hiding – Hide in lockers, under furniture, behind boxes, and hope your fellow passenger wanders on by. And if that fails as well…
- Permadeath – Death is death. Get killed in Monstrum and you’ll be starting again. In a different ship, possibly against a different monster. Good luck. Start running.
Check out the trailer and head over to the Steam Greenlight page for more information.