Award-winning international games label Team17. Along with Finnish based independent developer Reinkout Games just announced Mugsters. Since this is their a super-charged action-packed puzzler. Due to make a debut on Linux, Ubuntu, Mac and Windows in 2018.
So in Mugsters players have one simple mission; to rescue survivors. All while defeating aliens, collecting crystals and SAVING THE WORLD. Okay, so maybe the games not so simple.
Mugsters is a physics-based, action puzzle game. So yes, players have to outrun, out-manoeuvre and outsmart enemies. All by experimenting with different sandbox levels. Since this includes using vehicles, environmental traps and explosives. Therefore it’s your choice how you want to use these to your aid.
Mugsters – Announcement Trailer:
- Fast Paced Action! – Tackle a variety of dangers across a series of ingenious levels. Watch out for alien abduction rays, rocket turrets and a myriad of traps whilst escaping the pesky invaders, who are forever on your heels.
- Physics! – Experiment with a physics-based, sandbox environment. Complete your objectives as you see fit, and throw in a few exploding barrels for good measure.
- Vehicles! – With more than 30 types of vehicles at your disposal; you can ram, lance, shred and shoot your way to freedom as you sock it to the extraterrestrial terrors.
- Puzzles! – It takes brains to survive these hostile islands. Use a mixture of explosives, traps and vehicles to save the humans, collect crystals and get the hell out. Just try not to run yourself over!
- Multiplayer! – Team up and take on this world-dominating menace with a friend. All the single campaign missions are fully redone for full two-player local co-op action!
So the Steam page for Mugsters does not outline Linux or Ubuntu support. Yet the Greenlight page certainly does.
Therefore it’s a bit too early to tell we will have a day-one release or not. That being said, the games announced, and I’m guessing development uses Unity 3D.