Nantucket is the seafaring strategy game based on Moby Dick, finally gets a Linux and Mac release. All thanks to developer, Picaresque Studio. Which also happens to be on sale too.
Nantucket is finally available to challenge wannabe sea captains on Linux and Mac. Since it’s up to you to hunt whales and explore the high seas. And also using your own strategic wit and cunning.
Set in the golden era of American whaling in the early 19th century. Nantucket takes place shortly after the events in the Pequod. Where Captain Ahab and his crew lost their lives to Moby Dick.
As Ishmael, the sole survivor of the Pequod. Players will explore the seven seas, captain your ship, fight pirates and hunt whales. While always on the lookout for your old foe, Moby Dick. Searching for the ultimate redemption.
Nantucket – Launch Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Nantucket is a strategy all its own. Exploring the fiction of the time in a detailed world to explore. Then manage and conquer including the following:
- EXPLORE THE SEVEN SEAS: Set sail around the world, visit cities, and increase your prestige. Hunt whales, land jobs and search for new adventures.
- BE THE CAPTAIN YOU WANT TO BE: Develop your character in true RPG fashion, by increasing your stats. Choosing your reactions and developing your seafaring skills.
- MANAGE YOUR SHIP AND CREW: Hire and manage your crew, give them tasks on your ship, and improve your ship with new compartments, expanding your ship’s capabilities.
- EXPERIENCE THE GOLDEN AGE OF WHALING: Experience more than a thousand unique events tailored around your choices and face the consequences of your actions.
- HUNT WHALES AND FIGHT PIRATES: Discover new whaling areas, hunt whales for blubber, and protect your ship from pirates using a turn-based combat system.
- CHASE AFTER MOBY DICK: Follow an original storyline and complete quests to unveil the secrets behind Moby Dick and dissolve Ahab’s curse.