Neo Cab visual novel RPG is available for Mac and Windows PC, but is missing support for Linux. We reached out for details regarding the limited support. Available now on both Humble Store and Steam.
Neo Cab visual novel RPG reviews are a stead 97% Positive. Rather impressive for such a game. And with the community asking for Linux support. It seemed only fitting to actually get a developer reply.
While we don’t currently have plans to bring Neo Cab to Linux. The game is powered by Ink, the interactive fiction engine created by game design studio Inkle.
Since there is no listing on ProtonDB for Neo Cab. Navigating to the games official website includes a Steam and Itch link. Looking at the “more information” detail on Itch, Unity 3D is listed. So the above reply seems a bit confusing.
But in the meantime. I’m hoping to test the game sometime soon and update ProtonDB. And also see if Steam Play support actually works with the RPG. Despite the lack of Linux support.
Neo Cab – Out Now on Steam
Stay human in a world overcome by automation. Play as Lina in Neo Cab. One of the last human driver-for-hire on the streets of Los Ojos. Your friend and only lifeline has gone missing. So with no money and nowhere to stay. The only thing you can do is keep driving. Choose what passengers to pick up. And also select how you engage with them to learn their stories. Balance your own emotional well being with the needs of your pax. While you strive to keep your perfect rating, and your job. So that maybe someone in this city can help you with your own story?
- An emotional survival game: hold on to your humanity in a world overcome by automation.
- Meet people. Learn their stories. Stay human!
- From the Neo Cab app, you’ll choose your passengers and navigate the city grid. Connect and converse with them as you drive to their destination. Due to maintaining your perfect rating to stay on the road. Balance your monetary needs and the needs of your passengers. And also your own emotional well being. What’s more important: your mental health or your star rating?
- Connect with your pax: Find ways to connect with passengers. Each has their own story to tell.
- Uncover the secrets of Los Ojos: Lina’s best course for survival is to keep driving. While you piece together what has happened to Savy. As you help Lina navigate the city grid.
- Find your own route: Neo Cab features a branching narrative with pax stories written by Leigh Alexander, Kim Belair, Bruno Dias, Duncan Fyfe, Paula Rogers & Robin Sloan.
- Original soundtrack by Obfusc (Monument Valley, House of Cards)
Neo Cab is now available for Mac and Windows PC. Priced at $14.99 USD / £11.39/ €12,49. While Linux support does not seem to be an option. Testing via Steam Play has not been reported. If you want to test it, the games now on Humble Store and Steam.