Night Call follows a taxi driver in a murder mystery on Mac and Windows PC, but what about Linux support? Thanks to a recent reply from developer Monkey Moon. We have details following the games Steam, Humble Store and GOG release.
In Night Call a serial killer stalks the streets of modern day Paris. While the body count rises, the police are no closer to catching the culprit. As a taxi driver and the last person to see the recent victim alive. So these next few shifts will be far from ordinary or safe,
Night Call is an investigative noire game. You will have two goals: solve a murder mystery. While trying to make enough money to pay your bills. Your shift starts at night and ends at daybreak. Trying to earn enough to pay for your cab, your apartment, and just make a living. But when the police investigation gets nowhere. The officer in charge forces you to help. So you do what you do best. Getting passengers to talk in the little time you have their attention. Sound interesting?
Night Call has been made with Unity Engine.
A linux port is definitely something I’d love to do (as a Linux user myself). However it’ll depend of the sales….
So this is an interesting case indeed. Since the email mentions the sales aspect. Where Linux support depends on the games success. Which once again reflects on market share. UGH!!
But who knows, maybe with enough Wishlist support. We may just see that Linux release. Since it is the only platform missing on Steam.
Night Call Launch Trailer (Mac, Windows PC, then Linux?)
Back to Night Call. There are two roles you must play (investigator and cabbie). Since each has a set of priorities that may at times conflict with each other. So you need to get enough information from the right passengers. But you only have them for a certain time. Pick up the right passengers. Then ask the right questions to obtain new clues. Follow the right leads and uncover new info about the suspects. Also remember that your life is in the balance.
Can you solve the mystery before it’s too late? Better hurry – both the clock and the meter are running…
- GORGEOUS GAME NOIRE STYLE: Every character and location are lovingly hand-drawn in stunning black & white, evoking the pure tension of the noire style of art.
- A VIVID AND ORIGINAL CAST: Meet dozens of original, surprising, realistic characters. Share their lives for a few brief moments in Night Call. Listen and help they might have something useful for you.
- INVESTIGATION VS. SURVIVAL: Will you forsake information for more money, or sacrifice your income to get the info you need? Make your choices quickly time is running out!
- MULTIPLE ENDINGS, MULTIPLE KILLERS: Can you uncover the identity of the killer each time? Be careful: a guilty suspect in one playthrough may be completely innocent in the next.
- NON LINEAR NARRATIVE GAME: Encounters are random. Every run is different.