No Plan B tactics game developer looking into Linux port with Windows PC in Early Access. According to recent details from developer GFX47. Which is currently live on Steam Early Access with 94% Very Positive reviews and a discount.
Solo indie dev GFX47 (Gladiabots) released their new tactics game No Plan B. Now venturing into 12 months of development via Early Access. However, there only seems to be support for Windows PC. Despite the press page outlining Linux and Mac support. Well, according to their recent comment, it’s being worked on.
I’m still working on it. Some of the plugins I’m using seem to have compatibility issues tho so no promises.
So there are some development issues with No Plan B. Although, the reply in the Steam Discussion is certainly appreciated. Game development is using Unity 3D, so the fact that GFX47 is running into issues with plugins is no small task. Having received similar details from game developers with similar Unity issues.
Also, for those eager to jump into gameplay now, you can play via Proton 6.3-8 without issue. No Plan B is a ton of fun.
No Plan B – Steam Early Access Release Trailer
In No Plan B, every choice, however small, may decide the fate of the entire team. So players will need to assemble their squad and gear them up carefully. Then work out the perfect plan using the innovative timeline system. While they watch it play out in real-time.
A gripping tactical game with no room for failure, No Plan B offers roguelike campaigns, standalone challenge missions, and community made maps. All randomly generated enemies with 4 playable factions.
- Plan, Preview, Proceed: Master the creative timeline system to design the perfect plan using an intuitive, no-fuss interface.
- Boom, headshot: Choose from a list of firearms, armor, and grenades. Each with its pros and cons to make sure your team has the right gear for the situation.
- Long haul or short bursts: Take on brutal FTL-like campaigns with units and resource management. No Plan B also offers short but intense stand-alone missions.
- Hero or villain: Take on different missions with different stakes, rescue hostages, or prep for a bank heist (we’re not judging)
- Infinite replayability: Players can create their own maps and missions using the built-in mission editor, and play new challenges created by the community.
No Plan B tactics game is doing well on Steam Early Access. Currently available for Windows PC, but coming to Linux. Also discounted 10%, dropping the price to $13.49 USD / £11.24 / 12,14€ until December 8th. It’s definitely worth playing.