No Truce With The Furies is an isometric RPG coming to Steam and Humble Store. While set in this genre-bent setting where literary fiction meets sci-fi/fantasy. Since the games actually inspired by titles like Planescape: Torment and Kentucky Route Zero. No Truce With The Furies tells a detective story where every piece of dialogue has a lasting effect. While this can be big, small, or even unspoken.
Since developer ZA/UM has spent the better part of fifteen years creating the world. So No Truce With The Furies is a narrative-driven experience. Made uniquely possible through the interactive role-playing genre.
What about a Linux release?
The game is built on the Unity engine.
As for the port, I’m afraid I cannot say much more right now.
Seeing this is not a full out confirmation. We are now asking Linux gamers to show some Tux love via the Discussion Post on Steam. Therefore we can show ZA/UM some solid community support for the games coming release.
So explore the gorgeous seaside city of Revachol as a disgraced detective lieutenant. Solving one last murder case that has roots deep within the city’s core. Shape the type of law officer you want to be in No Truce With The Furies. While using twenty-four unique and finely crafted skills. Each represents a real human psyche and physique. Expect absurd new heights of story combat. Since the action is all through quick-wit dialogue. Which can steer your moral compass in any direction. So wonder inside a representation of your mind in the metaphysical Thought Cabinet. Examine your own doubts, conflicts and memories, guiding your in-game dialogue choices. Yet the role-playing games an emergent art form — and ZA/UM is set to light it on fire.
No Truce With The Furies Teaser Trailer
No Truce With The Furies Features:
- Fantastic Realism: Is it fantasy? Is it sci-fi? Is it alt history? Some kind of punk? No, it’s a genre-busting new world fifteen years in the making. It’s fantastic realism.
- Beautifully Bleak Paint-shading: The benchmark for isometric graphics have been pushed to new heights thanks to contemporary oil painters who hand painted the environments to bring the city of Revachol to life.
- The Thought Cabinet: Thoughts of all kinds are stored in an interactive inventory. Come to conclusions, develop obsessions and use these thoughts to guide dialogue choices.
- The Skill System: The world’s simplest role-playing system called Metric. You can sing, dance, pay rent and actually fail at skill checks with profound results. Built by D&D evangelists, the rule system represents real life attributes.
- Audio and Ambiance: Mikee Goodman from the band SikTh provides killer voice-over talent and the acclaimed rock’n’roll band British Sea Power has recorded original music for the game.
So No Truce With The Furies will be available this fall on both Steam and Humble Store (no official release date). While we do hope to see Linux support available along side Windows. While Humble Bundle will showcase the game at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany from August 23 – August 26, 2017.