Northgard viking city builder strategy launches on Linux, Mac and Windows via Steam. The games the product of independent French developer Shiro Games. Who are also pleased to announce that its hit viking strategy game officially launches now. Leaving Early Access with support for Linux, Mac and Windows.
So this official release comes with a major update, Rig’s Saga. Also including a brand new campaign spanning 11 chapters. While sporting seven new selectable environments for solo and multiplayer modes. With a redesign for the combat system, new achievements and a host of other improvements. Further information is available in the latest patch notes.
Northgard gameplay also mixes exploration, village building and resource management. Since this includes clan diplomacy and tactical combat. All set in a mythical world infused with Norse mythology. Complete with giants, wyverns and undead warriors.
Since launching into Steam Early Access on February 22nd, 2017. Northgard is very popular with strategy fans, selling over 600,000 copies. Development on the game has continues non-stop with numerous updates. Since this means three new clans, new units and mythological beasts to encounter. A multiplayer mode with dedicated servers. And a host of smaller features and refinements.
Northgard strategy city builder trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
The full release of Northgard allows players to:
- Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
- Grow the village by assigning Vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster)
- Choose between six different Viking clans, each with unique benefits, buildings and units
- Manage your resources carefully to survive the harsh winters and vicious foes
- Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
- Achieve different victory conditions such as Conquest, Fame, Lore and Trading
- Play against your friends or against an AI with different difficulty levels in single player or multiplayer modes.
- Follow the brave Viking Rig in his quest for vengeance in a brand-new single player campaign that spans 11 chapters.
Northgard launches on Steam:
The strategy city builder standard edition is now available on Steam for $29.99 / €27.99 /£23.79. Which also includes a 25% discount until March 14th. While the Humble Store listing will shows full price.