Lords of Xulima will feature a custom-made engine that supports isometric, detailed 2D backgrounds and 3D animations. It will also combine much of what has made the #RPG genre so timeless over the years: a cross between non-linear, strategic #PC games and story-driven Japanese RPGs. You will control the main character, who is guided by an odd dream, and his companions on an adventure set for an uncharted mythical island
In Lords of Xulima is a challenging, turn-based RPG in the vein of the old school classics. A game filled with character development, puzzles and often difficult strategic combat. The goal, create an immersive environment and a challenging combat system; how you choose to play it will be entirely up to you.
- More than 60 hours of true role playing experience.
- Create your party with up to six characters, choosing between 9 classes and more than 100 unique skills. Customize your companions for the best of both worlds: A story-driven, active main character and a party which suits your favorite playstyle!
- Strategic turn-based combat in first person view: Battle more than 100 enemies with unique skills and powers. 16+ Epic bosses to test your mettle
- A vast continent to explore, with different environments and climates: You are free to go anywhere you want from the beginning of the game, but take care; the lands of Xulima are extremely dangerous.
- More than 30 dungeons: Castles, towers and temples await for you to discover their secrets.
- The depth and challenge of old school RPG classics, but with a modern, intuitive interface. Non-linear progress, rewarding strategic play, various layers of character development & compelling story.
- Enchanting hand-drawn 2D graphics for landscapes and maps, mixed with 3D, pre-rendered models to bring smooth animations for characters and creatures.
- Available for Windows, MAC and Linux.
- Languages: English, Spanish.
- Check out Lords of Xulima on Steam Greenlight.
Inspired by the spirit of the old school classics such as Ultima, Might & Magic and Wizardry. Lords of Xulima has also been heavily influenced by Baldur’s Gate and includes elements of Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and even King’s Bounty. Subtly combining the best elements of these titles with new ideas to make a unique gaming experience in the world of RPGs.
The elements of RPGs that Numantian Games find most intriguing, are the following:
- An epic story: We love stories that are original and not afraid of being fully immersed in a fantasy world. It’s an element that seems to be missing from games recently with the exception of some Japanese productions. Lords of Xulima tells just one part of an expansive mythology that chronicles the world from its creation until its ultimate end. We have no intention of being limited to themes like “political conspiracies” or “faction struggles.”
- A game system that rewards intelligence, imagination, and strategy: We believe a good game should depend on these skills, instead of relying on the player’s reflexes, or ability to hit a complicated combinations of buttons in a few milliseconds.
- A challenging environment: Yes, we love challenges. We love feeling small and vulnerable in a vast, dangerous world. We want our “stupid” actions to have negative consequences, and we want our accomplishments to feel like our own, because we’ve earned them. We don’t want to feel like success in a game is simply the result of a programmed script or tutorial that wants to convince us that we are heroes. When you succeed in Lords of Xulima, it will be because you have played carefully, fought hard and earned your victory.
Why fund Lords of Xulima?
As an independent group, we, the developers, have the freedom to make decisions around every aspect of the game so that it is completely true to our artistic vision. Lords of Xulima will be a wholly original game with unique gameplay. If you also miss the complexity and challenge of the old school RPG classics and want to take part in the new era of Role Playing Games, this is your chance to contribute.
Developing a game as complex as Lords of Xulima, Numantian Games needed to make a lot of decisions about what aspects to include and which ones to exclude. Even though they would like to be able to do everything to make Lords of Xulima the best game possible, unfortunately the team needed to adjust their vision to match the budget. For this reason, Numantian have decided to launch this campaign and ask you to contribute towards improving Lords of Xulima.