The Lo-Fi Apocalypse announces its asymmetrical multiplayer game OBEY. Due to receive a full release out of Early Access after 5 years of developer. So you can now expect to see the 1.0 release in May 2020. With builds for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
Therefore, to celebrate, OBEY has received a price drop. Dropping down to $7.99 USD with its now final Early Access update. Also the second last release before the arrival of 1.0 next month.
OBEY – Official Game Trailer
OBEY is a unique multiplayer action game. Since winning means bribing and compelling your opponents. So they can help you win and make themselves lose. Likewise, to win, a player must make the most money by the end of the round. And to make money the fastest, you must control the Robo. Due to the fac that it allows you to enforce your will. Simply by using deadly force, as long as you can find any misbehaving opponents hiding in the dark.
While experienced OBEY players know that this is not the best option. Simply to kill the approaching enemy, but instead encourage opponents to do their bidding. Which is where things get interesting. Playing in online PvP, LAN PvP, and cross platform multiplayer.
- Unique asymetrical multiplayer gameplay mechanics
- Social and Psychological King-of-the-hill gameplay
- Stealth OBEY gameplay mechanics
- Supports user created maps
- A buffet of items to creatively influence or trick opponents
- A complex world that allows for almost unlimited forms of betrayal
- Emergent gameplay springs from player psychology and self interest
- Explosive effects
- Really cool robot to control and explode bunnies with
- No internet connection required with local LAN support
OBEY is currently available in Early Access. Now priced at $7.99 USD. A 4-pack bundle is also available to purchase for $19.99 USD. With builds for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Due to release on Humble Store and Steam in May 2020.