Octobear Night Games tactical RPG support plan for Linux gaming with Windows PC. According to Berlin based indie developer Octobear Night Games and Publisher WhisperGames. The game is now available on Steam.
October Night Games is a digital board game of cults, madness and magic. While you play as cultists of two varieties. So either trying to save the world or serve it up to the Great Old Ones. Then brew potions and scour the town for infernal ingredients. As you work to conduct magic rituals to summon inscrutable entities. Meanwhile, you’ll need to keep suspicious town folks and creeping monsters at bay. Needless to say, the gameplay inspired an inquiry. Here’s what the developer has to say.
We are using Unreal Engine, Linux port is planned.
Developer Octobear Night Games were supposed to make a public announcement. Which is still coming. There is nothing outlined via Twitter yet. But do note, there is a release planned for Linux gaming.
October Night Games – Release Trailer
In the game you can be everything from a witch to a mad monk. Get your own dark familiar (and perhaps a minion or two). So when the Halloween full moon comes in 30 days. You can also ensure your side is victorious in the eternal cosmic battle.
A game of many parts, Octobear Night Games combines a procedurally generated story. Which comes with strategy, social deduction, combat and occult puzzles. You can play solo with AI, or online with up to five friends. Available in online PvP, LAN PvP, Online Co-op and LAN Co-op.
- Unique story arcs: Enjoy a spooky procedurally generated story that generates random events. Onspired by the likes of H.P Lovecraft, Bram Stoker and real life magic.
- Dastardly characters: Pick your own character, ranging from a mad monk to vampires. With witches and more. Each packs unique abilities such as astral projection. As well as the ability to drain life in Octobear Night Games.
- An Eldritch pet: Select your familiar, such as a loyal dog or maybe a gossiping bat. You can also select a grass snake with the gift of alchemy.
- Social deduction: Work out who is friend or foe. Each side will have its one wand Holder, Book Master and Lamp Bearer.
- Cursed combat: Fight off ghouls and angry townsfolk using a unique dice combat system. And perhaps even capture a minion or potential sacrifice.
- Stay alive: Keep your health, sanity and reputation intact. Or there will be terrible consequences.
- Solo and multiplayer: Mix of competitive and cooperative play. While you hex your enemies and aid those you believe to be on your side.
- Atmospheric: Enjoy vintage hand-tinted silent movie aesthetics and an old school horror style soundtrack.
- Multiple replays: the combination of characters, familiars and allegiances is randomly generated with each game, along with the procedurally generated story.
Octobear Night Games tactical RPG is available on Steam. Priced at $15.99 USD. With a build for Windows PC, but there is a support plan for Linux gaming. Due to arrive soon, but no ETA yet.