Exciting news for the linux game community?
Starting one week from today is E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo. Will there be some exciting Linux gaming news to share from some of the leading game companies?
Running from the 5th to 7th of June in Los Angeles is the annual E3 event where there’s usually many AAA game announcements and other exciting news for gamers. Will Linux have a presence at this year’s expo? I won’t be at the event in person since I only get back to America from Germany the night before, but otherwise I would probably go. Here’s some potential news items you can begin to discuss and speculate within the Phoronix forums for the next week.
– Will Electronic Arts talk about any other Linux games?
– Microsoft to explain their large Linux sponsorships?
– New Unigine Engine games forthcoming?
– The release of the OpenGL ES 3.0 specification?
– Will id Software change their mind about Linux clients? (i.e. Rage / id Tech 5 Linux support)
– Will there finally be a new surprise Linux game announcement? It’s been about five years since the last major AAA Linux game title release (Enemy Territory: Quake Wars).
Wait and see what happens… More information on the E3 event is available from the expo website. One week from today is also the Phoronix birthday when it will turn eight years old.
by Michael Larabel