Orion Trail, a #singleplayer #sciencefiction space adventure game for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Players have to rely on their wit, officers and the spaceship to survive. Currently in Early Access program, and under active #development, no patches or updates have been released just yet. But so far the game has been well received by the community.
The player takes on the roll of captain for the Indestructible II, the flagship vessel of Galaxy Force. The mission is to explore and survive the dangerous and enigmatic Orion Trail. The gameplay centers around making the tough calls that only a starship captain can make. The galaxy is full of strange, stupid and terrifying things, and the player needs to make the decisions that ensure the survival of the crew. The game features fun pixel art, witty puns and an awesome soundtrack.
- Draft your equipment, captain, and crew from limited pools at the start of each run.
- Manage your Food, Fuel, Hull, and Red Shirts. Run out of any, and you’ll be in deep space trouble.
- Play to your strengths! Each captain, and officer provide different bonuses to each kind of encounter.
- Deal with the consequences of your actions! Each choice you make will affect your stats and resources in a variety of ways… and some outcomes can help (or hinder!) you for the rest of the game.
- Tons of random encounters, each with a bunch of options and outcomes. You’ll probably never encounter the same thing twice!
- Go face to face with Warp Weasels, Alien Diplomats, Time Paradoxes, and the alarming Spacesquatch!
- Away Missions! Send your officers (with a few of your trusty, expendable red shirts in tow) into the fray. The rewards are great, but so is the risk…
System requirements for the game are really low, so everyone should be able to play it.
- OS: Ubuntu 10.04 (and newer)
- Processor: Dual Core Processor
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: 256 MB Graphics Memory
- Hard Drive: 300 MB available space
- Sound Card: Onboard sound card
- Additional Notes: Mouse Required