This is the sequel to the half million-selling space exploration game Out There: Ω Edition. But Out There: Oceans of Time is also more than a sequel though. Since it keeps the core mechanics of the original game. Such as roguelike, resource management and interactive fiction. While delivering them in a much more ambitious manner. But will offer completely new features.
Out There: Oceans of Time is planned to release on Window PC. Coming some time in Winter 2020. But apparently the Linux build is being worked on as well.
While our goal is to make the game available on all platforms. At this point in the development, we can’t confirm day-one Linux support. But we’re working on it.
We’re using Unity as game engine.
Since this is good news it’s a pleasure to share the good news. Which you can see on the Out There: Oceans of Time Linux Steam FAQ. It’s encouraging to see the studio following in the wake of Out There: Ω Edition. While day one support is not yet confirmed.
Out There: Oceans of Time is an ambitious blend of sci-fi interactive fiction. So you can expect strategy, and survival like nothing you’ve played before. Explore a vast, breath taking comic book galaxy. While you and your crew race to stop the legendary alien menace.
Out There: Oceans of Time – Teaser Trailer
In a far flung corner of the universe where humans are a mistrusted minority. You were entrusted to transport the most dangerous being alive to an impregnable prison. And somehow it escaped. Now you must lead a team of explorers, misfits, and bounty hunters on a galaxy-spanning mission of redemption to find the Archon and recapture it before it is too late. Oceans of Time is the sequel to Out There. The half million unit selling indie hit from Mi-Clos Studio. An ambitious new vision for the Out There universe, Oceans of Time will thrill fans of the previous game. But you don’t need to have played the original to love this new edition. Out There: Oceans of Time is a standalone story in the Out There saga.
- Explore an vast universe that is different every time you play
- Meet strange alien beings and learn to communicate, trade, and conduct diplomacy with them as you build a coalition of allies in your quest to find the Archon
- Manage your crew and officers, recruiting new members from the alien races you encounter
- Lead your away teams on daring expeditions to probe derelict spaceships, ancient cities, and desolate planets to learn their secrets
- Upgrade and maintain your ship, managing scarce resources that can be replenished through trade or planetary exploration
- Captivating music composed by Siddhartha Barnhoorn (Antichamber, Out There…)
- Weave your way through a epic branching narrative told through interactive cel-shaded cutscenes written by FibreTigre and illustrated by renowned artist Benjamin Carre (Transformers: Age of Extinction, Alone in the Dark)
Out There: Oceans of Time is coming to Windows PC, but Linux support is in the mix. Due to release Winter 2020. Although there is not launch date available yet. So stay tuned.