Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles gets Linux and Mac support via Steam. Soon fans can explore a nightmarish environment. While scrounging for supplies. And battling the undead in Outbreak. A series of survival horror nightmares.
Since the clock never stops as you attempt to manage an extremely limited inventory. With a murderous horde on the hunt. Choose between acquiring additional weapons, healing items, or necessary tools for progression. Since you only have only one life. Make it count.
“Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles will be launching on Linux and OS X in addition to Windows soon! In addition, the rest of the series now supports these platforms as well, including cross-platform multiplayer co-op in Outbreak: The New Nightmare and Outbreak across Windows, Linux and OS X!”
Also, both games are available on Humble Store as well.
Release Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles is an episodic unforgiving survival horror experience. This takes place within the Outbreak universe. Since death lurks behind each door. You will have to survive with a limit of supplies. Search rooms thoroughly and make the right choice when to fight. Or flee from the monstrosities.
Also, gameplay features a classic hardcore survival horror. Yet still a single-player experience, you’ll need to stay on your toes to stay alive. Since you have a limit in inventory. Also leveraging supply caches to store your equipment for use later. Saving your game is also highly restrictive. Players will need to locate the means to record your progress as you explore. Lydia’s adventure is just the beginning… can you survive the chronicles and determine the fate of the other survivors?
Outbreak Series Features
- Dark atmosphere: Explore a deserted world infested by the undead.
- Brutal difficulty: Your character only has a single life; multiple difficulty settings.
- Limited inventory: Decide which items are worthy, and which should be left behind.
- Expansive arsenal: Defend yourself with a multitude of firearms and melee weapons.
- Challenging puzzles: Scour each room to solve puzzles and learn about the outbreak.
- High replayability: Different modes and challenges across the series.
- Cast: Multiple characters spanning the series with unique attributes.
- Play your way: Customizable mouse, keyboard and gamepad controls.*
Since the games available on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows, priced at $4.99 USD.