OUTTA GAS the post apocalyptic RPG with SHOOTING GALLERY combat for Windows PC is also looking at a Linux port. Thanks to developer Trevor Kellogg. While announcing the full release coming this month on Steam. Which also happens to have rather Positive reviews.
Trevor Kellogg of Good Steward Games announces OUTTA GAS. This is also his post apocalyptic RPG. Due to launch out of Steam Early Access on March 26th. Taking place in a wasteland full of bizarre monsters and strange characters. While you play as “Full Metal” Jack on a quest to find gas. All in order to get to the Party at the End of the World.
Now when it comes to Linux support there is good news. Since the game already has success in Early Access on Windows PC. It’s only right to expand support into a more stable operating system.
I’m using GameMaker Studio 2 to develop OUTTA GAS. I would love to do a Linux port!
Currently, I am completely focused on the PC version for launch. But would like to look into ports afterward.
This reply actually caught me off guard. Since Trevor Kellogg is eager for port. Any why not, OUTTA GAS alread has success on Steam. So it’s only right to share that vibe across more platforms. But there is no release date yet though. Therefore, sit tight.
Not yet. ? Interested in doing ports post-launch, including Linux, if it works out. Right now, only PC version.
— outtagasgame (@outtagasgame) March 17, 2020
The OUTTA GAS launch comes with humor influenced by Fallout. Exploration inspired by classic Zelda games. The heart of the game’s innovation lies in its shooting gallery combat system. Since players use an array of distinctive weapon attack patterns. All to destroy monster body tiles. Going for the eyes reduces aim. Taking out legs makes them easier to hit. While blasting away claws and teeth decreases the damage they inflict.
OUTTA GAS – Release Trailer
This simple system, combined with over 70 intriguing monster designs. Including more than 25 upgradeable weapon patterns. Provides exciting depth to turn-based combat like you’ve never seen.
- Unique shooting gallery combat lets you destroy body tiles to damage monster health and decrease their combat stats. Go for the eyes to reduce their aim, take out legs to make them easier to hit, or blast away claws and teeth to decrease their power – it’s all up to you! Decimate your enemies bit by bit!
- Over 25 weapons add spice to your savagery. Slash, shred, explode, burn, radiate, or inflict pain on your enemies in many other ways!
- Over 200 weapon upgrades to increase your deadliness and overall badassery.
- Over 70 unique monsters to strategically disassemble, bit by bit. Master your enemy’s anatomy, uncover their weaknesses, and use the perfect weapon to destroy them in style!
- Over 50 utility items to fine tune your death-dealing experience. It’s after the apocalypse – do things YOUR way!
- Over 50 character upgrades to unlock new abilities on your way to becoming the ultimate wasteland warrior!
OUTTA GAS post-apocalyptic role playing game featuring a shooting gallery combat system. That is a mouthful, seriously. The game is currently in Early Access. Due to for a launch on March 26th on Window PC. While a Linux port will come after the release.