Overlord game expansion due next month for Stellaris on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. All due to the work and creative of developers Paradox Development Studio and Paradox Arctic. Due to arrive on both Steam and GOG.
Paradox Interactive announced details for Overlord, the next full expansion for Stellaris. Due to launch May 12, 2022 via Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Overlord brings a host of new features to Stellaris centered around empire management and intergalactic ambition. From specialized vassals to powerful new megastructures. This is where Overlord will offer fans many exciting ways to control their galactic empires.
Launching at the same times as the expansion, a free 3.4 “Cepheus” update for Stellaris. Due to add new content and adjustments created by the Stellaris Custodian Team for all players. Both will be releasing in time for the community to celebrate the sixth anniversary of Stellaris. Since the game originally launched back in May 2016.
Stellaris: Overlord Expansion Trailer
Features the Overlord expansion includes:
Rulers Make the Rules:
New vassalization mechanics let you define the role of your new subjects. The Overlord expansion lets you create new Specialist Empires. Due to grow into economic superpowers, military specialists, and tech creators. Arrange or demand contracts and agreements between your vassals. This will define the future of dozens of worlds and reap the benefits.
The Brightest Star Must Guide Them:
Seek out and unite spread out empires across the stars. As you explore the vast galaxy you’ll meet more unique enclaves of people. Right from baffling shroudwalkers to militaristic mercenaries, and crafty salvagers. Will you forge a mutually beneficial connection and earn their unique services. Or will they submit to your rule by force?
Five New Origins to Lord Over:
- Imperial Fiefdom – Within the Overlord expansion you may be just a Specialist Empire now. But some day, the galaxy may need a new ruler. So don’t leave any doubt that it will be you.
- Slingshot to the Stars – The ruined remains of a Quantum Catapult have been discovered near your homeworld. What secrets might it unlock if your people are clever enough to bring it back online?
- Subterranean – Your species adapted to life underground. Both excel in mining and digging up ancient artifacts. Now it’s time to see what awaits you far, far above the surface.
- Teachers of the Shroud – Developing in contact with the curious psions known as the Shroudwalkers. In the Overlord expansion your empire has learned a thing or two about expanding their minds!
- Progenitor Hive – Under your guidance, this hive mind empire can achieve more than ever before. Although without your guidance, the hive will fall to ruin!
Engineer the Future and Showcase Your Power:
With the Overlord expansion new feats of tech will give your empire the edge it needs. Due to become the ruling force across the galaxy.
- Orbital Rings will increase your influence (and defense) in grand displays of power. Right from your planets and further into space.
- Hyper Relays will give your fleets the ability to enforce your will across the stars. Doing so faster than ever before.
- Quantum Catapults enable new ways to react quicker in the galaxy while projecting your might. But it’s a daring one way trip for your fleet!
- Four new music tracks to inspire your rise to greatness.