Oxygen Not Included just announced a new Cosmic Upgrade on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows. Since “Space” just got bigger–literally, thanks to Klei Entertainment.
So now that the miner Duplicants have broken through the crust of the asteroid. This reveals the entire cosmos beyond. A stellar discovery creates inspiration for new material innovations. As the Duplicants rush to exploit the frontier. Defending themselves from the uncaring vacuum (and unsightly freezer burn) of space.
What’s New in the Cosmic Upgrade?
Oxygen Not Included [Animated Short] – Cosmic Upgrade (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Oxygen Not Included New Features
- Solar Light: The abundant energy of a nearby star can be harnessed for electricity with Solar Panels. So your poor cave-dwelling Duplicants will appreciate the warm natural light as well. Well provided they don’t roast!
- Meteor Showers: The good news: free resources! The bad news: they’re also traveling at 16 kilometers per second. Protect your surface infrastructure with meteor-proof walls and shutters. Along with the new Meteor Detector.
- New Elements: Improved material science has enabled the production of Steel, Ceramics, Glass, and other basic materials.
- Windows and Walls: Now your Duplicants can build a room with a view. Transparent windows allow light and decor to pass through. Also keeping your precious gasses and liquids right where you want them. While back walls offer protection against the greedy vacuum of space for those who dare to build on the surface.
Critter Additions, like a swarm of Shine Bugs. The ranching opportunities continue to expand with new buildings and improvements.
Apparently I need to get back in to Oxygen Not Included, it’s been a while.
- Updated Egg Economy: An Egg Cracker building makes planning your next omelet as easy as pie, which is a good thing because eggs have undergone some mass changes, as well as becoming unviable if left in storage for too long.
- Updated Critter Artwork: Completed eggs, babies, wrangled, and trapped artwork for all critters. Hooray!
- Automated Pen Management: Before, your Duplicants merely kept critters. Now, they’re ranching them! Pen limits, as well as automatic wrangling and transfer, lets you build the coal-producing machine of your dreams.
And More Still
- Powered Door Finally Powered: It’s nice and zippy when it’s plugged in, but make sure you’ve got enough batteries charged to keep it working!
- Power Production Rebalance: With the addition of solar power, numerous tweaks have been made to the electricity economy.
- Performance Enhancements!
- Tons of bug fixes, rebalances, QOL additions, and more!
We’d like to thank everyone who participated in the Cosmic Upgrade Test Branch, submitted your crash and bug reports, and gave your feedback in our Suggestions Forum. We’re always grateful to hear your thoughts and thank you for the time spent playing our game.
So for those who have not played Oxygen Not Included on Linux, Mac and Windows. The games available via Steam with a 20% discount until until June 21st.