PERISH first-person co-op shooter game has support plans for Linux with Windows PC. Due to further feedback and details from developer ITEM42. Working to makes its way onto both Steam and GOG.
PERISH is a classic mythology-inspired first-person co-op shooter from developer ITEM42. Due to push its way forward to Elysium on Thursday, February 2, 2023. In the game there is no way back and only one way forward. Enter blood-soaked underworlds inspired by ancient myths. All due to arrive with a death-metal soundtrack. Face ceaseless battles on the perilous path to Elysium. Stave off a barbarous fate and slay hordes of infernal creatures on the black sands of Purgatory.
As for Linux support for PERISH, there are options.
PERISH is developed on a custom Nvidia branch of Unreal Engine 4.27.
It works quite well through the Proton layer on a Steam Deck…
At the time of writing, the developer has not looked at a proper Linux port just yet. But they are interested, “we have a lot of post-release plans in mind.” So this is not a full out confirmation, but it’s quite close it.
PERISH Release Date Trailer
Sell their corpses to a glorious priestess in exchange for more powerful melee weapons and firearms. Overwhelm massive bosses and use the spoils of war to gain entrance to Elysium. Since this is where death and gold await thee.
The same lust for gold that motivates your own craving in PERISH, also consumes the creatures within Purgatory. Succumb to these dark souls and be forced to lose precious wealth and begin again. Muster up to three friends and reap the tides of merciless hordes together. Deploy co-op specific gear to support. While you defend and revive each other on the risky path toward eternal oblivion.
You can try the Steam Demo via Proton on Linux. It works very well and definitely worth playing.
- 1-4 player online co-op campaign sprawling across temples in ruin. There are also volcanic foundries and ancient shipwrecks
- A series of magnificent boss fights against rare and unheard-of huge deities
- More than ten handcrafted and ornate weapons in PERISH. Going from javelins and swords to bows and guns. Each with their own unique and upgradeable offensive capabilities
- Gratuitous, brutal, gold-soaked ranged and melee combat. Due to face off against enemies with notable battle behaviors
- Morbid gladiators: enemies in PERISH are unforgiving. So as you travel further through Purgatory, you will meet a slew of enemies. All inspired by Ancient Greek, Roman, and Christian myths
PERISH first-person co-op shooter game will be available on Steam and GOG. Doing so priced at $19.99 USD / £15.99 / 19,99€ on Thursday, February 2, 2023. Arrive on Windows PC, but Linux via Proton, with native support being an option post launch.