Perspectrum is a 2D puzzle platformer now available now on Linux, Mac and Windows. Where players take on the role of a mysterious Tall Stranger.
So the Tall Stranger is being who has awakened with the power to use ancient fountains. Keen to change the elements of the world.
So the stranger must use spirit fragments available throughout the various levels. Working to bring the mountain back to life.
The game also includes an overworld and five dungeons. Each introducing it’s own unique mechanic to help collect more spirit fragments.
“Perspectrum is a great little game that sets itself apart with the element shift mechanic,” said Connor Haynes, Founder of ProudMom Games, “that forces you to think about each dungeon as one big puzzle as well as a series of smaller ones.”
Perspectrum Gameplay Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- Switch between four elements – Water, Ice, Lava, and Acid – through various switches and enemies to solve many challenges
- Unique, evocative atmosphere throughout every area
- Conquer five dungeons, each with their own unique mechanic
- Interact with various villagers within the town area and learn their backstories
- Enjoy an original soundtrack composed specifically for this game
- Multiple endings available, depending on the number of spirit fragments the player collects
Perspectrum has been in development for a little over two years. Connor Haynes wrote in his blog, “It all started as a little experiment where I just wanted to see if I could figure out how games do palette changes with shaders. I ended up going on a weird journey from that original intention. First to a short game to share with my friends and learn some more. And then into a full on commercial product. I can say that Perspectrum is without a doubt the most rewarding project of my career in game development so far.”