PlayOnLinux 4.0.16 has been released, the new release comes with some exciting now features, improvements and bug fix. PlayonLinux can now start an executable from the terminal (Exp: playonlinux file.exe), added support support for Desura, easy access to the virtual disks right from your home directory and more.
What`s new in Playonlinux4.0.16?
– everything that happens to virtual disks is logged to simplify Wine debugging
– automatic management of Gecko installation
– PlayOnLinux can start an executable from the terminal
– easy access to the virtual disks right from your home directory
– check if your videocard is correctly setup
– support for Desura and Origins
– possibility to break out of a stuck installation processes
– Coloring of terminal output
– Wine crashes detection
– No more “winemenubuilder not found” messages
– PlayOnMac starts XQuartz on its own, fixing a bug experienced by many people
– and many bugfixes
PlayOnLinux is a piece of software which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and apps designed to run with Microsoft® Windows®.
Few games are compatible with GNU/Linux at the moment and it certainly is a factor preventing the migration to this system. PlayOnLinux brings a cost-free, accessible and efficient solution to this problem.
Installation in Ubuntu 11.10 and LinuxMint12:
Open terminal and enter the following commands:
wget -q “https://deb.playonlinux.com/public.gpg” -O- | sudo apt-key add –
sudo wget https://deb.playonlinux.com/playonlinux_oneiric.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/playonlinux.list
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install playonlinux
For other Linux distribtion, follow instruction on PlayOnLinux download page
And it is done.