Plazas and Promenades expansion is out now for the Cities: Skylines game on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Once again, the result of the work of developer Colossal Order. Releasing now with positive reviews on Steam and Humble Store.
Cities: Skylines brings in new pedestrian areas. While allowing players to create walkable cities and car free areas. This Plazas and Promenades expansion also brings unique areas and city service buildings. Giving more depth to the Cities: Skylines management gameplay.
Cities: Skylines Plazas and Promenades Expansion Trailer
- Pedestrian Streets: let your citizens walk freely on civilian only streets. Place them in your city like any other road and create new green city centers. Since they are free of most vehicles and pollution.
- Car Free Areas and New Policies: activate three area specific policies for your city. Plazas and Promenades expansion includes Slow Driving. So that all roads in the pedestrian area, except highways, get a speed limit of 20 km/hour. Sugar Ban: upgrades the average lifespan of people in the car free area. But it also decreases their happiness. Street Music: improves happiness and reduces noise in these new commercial areas.
- District Specialization: there are three new district specializations. These are offices, high density residential areas, and high density commercial areas. Enabling the feature in a district affects all area squares in that district. Since it will spawn buildings with a different visual look and a gameplay effect. Each one features 24 new modern wall to wall buildings.
- City Service Buildings: These are vital in the Plazas and Promenades expansion. But how about awesome looking service buildings? Connect them to car free areas by matching their visual style. And also offer services that add to good happiness values.
Along with the release of Plazas and Promenades expansion is a free update. While offering two content creator packs, and two radio stations.
- “Mid-Century Modern” by Rev0 grants players sleek and stylish residential growable buildings. All inspired by the iconic American design movement. Available on Steam and Humble Store.
- “Seaside Resorts” by Gèze brings the spirit of the classic seaside resort towns, boulevards, and piers that flourished in 19th century America to Cities: Skylines. Out now on Steam and Humble Store.
Both Content Creator Packs are priced at $5.99 USD / 4.79 GBP / 5.99 EUR each.
Plazas and Promenades expansion launches for Cities: Skylines, no discount. But also priced at $14.99 USD / 11.39 GBP / 14.99 EUR. Releasing on both Steam and Humble Store. Along with Linux, Mac, and Windows PC game support.