Publisher Plug In Digital Label and indie studio BinaryDream have released PolyRace a fast-paced futuristic #racing #game featuring an infinite amount of tracks for massive #replayability, on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. The game is priced at $12.99, but this week a special launch promo code gives a 15% discount.
“I was inspired by so many classic racing games but I wanted to put my own unique spin on the genre to appeal to all types of players from hard-core racers to old school sci-fi racing fans,” said PolyRace developer Vincent Themereau.
- Hurtle through randomized tracks (using procedural algorithm) with four difficulty levels and three landscape environment: desert, continental, arctic.
- Challenge your friends in a turn by turn multiplayer and race against your opponent’s ghost.
- Which kind of racer are you: a Time Attack girl, Distance type of guy or an endless person?
- Race against the developer’s ghost in the Missions, and challenge the rest of the world in the Race of the Day.
- Choose between four hovercrafts with their own physics.
- Playable on keyboard and gamepad with insanely fast-paced music.
“We are excited for players to experience the endless fun of this game,” said Francis Ingrand, Plug In Digital CEO.
BinaryDream is a one-man studio created in February 2014 by Vincent Themereau, a former software engineer in the telecom industry. For his first project, PolyRace, Vincent opted for a skilled and risk-rewarding racing game with a minimalist design. His inspirations for his first racing game are taken from classics like F-Zero, TrackMania or Race The Sun, and after two years, back and forth, PolyRace is finally ready.
More information can be found on the official website.