Primal Light action platformer release is getting great reviews for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Fat Gem. The games also available on Steam with 89% Positive reviews as well as Itch.io. Which is worth a look.
Primal Light is a 2D action platformer for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. That also released this week. Having also played the game, I’ve been curious about reviews up to release. And not surprisingly, great reviews, so the feedback is very positive. The most obvious is learning how to use the game mechanics while trying to avoid death.
Primal Light – Release Date Trailer
In gameplay you take on the role of Inhabit Krog. Who also happens to be a mysterious blue creature in a red loincloth. Working his way through a labyrinth of ladders, levers, traps, and monsters. Explore the nooks and crannies of a bizarre and evocative world as you hack and slash your way to victory, leaving a graveyard of grotesque bosses in your wake.
- Explore a bizarre and evocative world filled with ladders, levers, traps, and monsters, arranged linearly across 10 levels.
- Face 10 challenging bosses in arcade-style combat reminiscent of the 16-bit era.
- Master new acrobatic abilities as you progress, allowing you to overcome obstacles and enemies.
- Dive into challenging side paths to uncover hidden collectibles, unlocking upgrades and passive abilities.
- Experience stunning pixel art and a majestic soundtrack.
Primal Light also had a demo available on Itch. This is now the full release. Which also has very solid controls and you can definitely get a challenge out of the game. While your first experience may vary, you will learn how to adapt to the game.