Slightly Mad Studios, just released their huge racing game Project CARS on May 7, 2015. Now Project CARS 2 is announced, and a #crowdfunding initiative is already #underway through their own World of Mass Development portal. Plotting out their major #goals for the project, including the expansion to 8 different racing disciplines including Rallycross, Hillclimbs and Touge. No release date has been revealed yet but we do know SteamOS is supported, therefore Linux as well. Even though we have yet to seen native support for the first Project CARS yet.
With tens of thousands of players testing the game, giving feedback, and creating assets for it throughout development, Project CARS has been hailed as a true competitor to long-established stalwarts. And the market leader in both visual fidelity and technical expertise. So if Project Cars 2 is anything like the first release, this will again be be one of the most advanced racing titles available for Linux. And in this genre there are a few racing games available, but the two major titles come to mind, both Grid Autosport and Project Cars.
Project CARS 2 will feature:
- THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER – 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including ‘loose surface racing’ on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
- THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
- CO-OP CAREER – Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
- SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED – Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
- PRO ESPORTS RACING – Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Leagues, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
- YOUR HOME FOR RACING – Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars. Invite others to showcase your passion for racing and learn race craft and engineering with the Project CARS Academy
“Project CARS 2 will be released for the Windows PC, Sony’s Playstation 4, Microsoft’s Xbox One and SteamOS.”
With an existing schedule of ON DEMAND content already underway, developers will continue to provide Project CARS with fresh new features, updates, and great things to play. Slightly Mad Studios now turns its attention to the future with the announcement of the continuation of the franchise with Project CARS 2. And once again, the sequel will be created, tested, and ultimately approved by you – the gamers – through the WMD Portal crowd-funding platform.