Prose & Codes delivers deceptively simple cipher game available now on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Thanks to the decisive and outgoing efforts of developer Hero Game Co. Available now on both Steam and itch.
Hero Game Co announced the release of their second indie game Prose & Codes. Which also has you exploring beloved classic genres. Doing so across nostalgic children’s stories to bone chilling horror. While cracking excerpts from some of writing’s finest works.
“Every single excerpt was hand selected,” said Rachel Reed, one-half of the husband and wife duo at Hero Game Co. “Our hope is that at least one will pique the interest of each player. Leading them to discover–or rediscover–a treasure trove of public domain literature.”
Prose & Codes – A Game of Literary Ciphers
Prose & Codes makes this easy by providing spoiler free synopses. While offering direct links to free e-books—courtesy of Project Gutenberg, for every story featured. These e-books can be read in a browser or downloaded as pdfs, epubs, and more.
Game features include:
- 350 deceptively simple switching of character type ciphers. Each from different works of each writing
- 7 engaging genres to choose in Prose & Codes . Right from including sci-fi, mystery, and adventure
- Stunning background art featuring vintage drawings
- Easily save excerpts and books to read later
- Soothing piano soundtrack, dark mode, and enlarged text options
- A portion of every sale will go to Project Gutenberg. A volunteer effort to digitize, archive, and deliver different works. All while offering an online library of over 60,000 free e-books
This game also features excerpts from classic written works. Certain excerpts and synopses contain non-graphic references to sex, violence, and alcohol. So be mindful if you are easily offended.