Psych Ward: Wardens Edition releases for Prison Architect on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to Paradox Interactive and Double Eleven. Announcing that the new expansion is now available. Check it out now on Humble Store, GOG and Steam.
Prison Architect’s Psych Ward: Wardens Edition expansion is now available. Releasing on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. This expansion also introduces a new type of original and unpredictable inmate. And as a result new prisoner behaviors, and enhanced management features to the simulator.
Also launching alongside Psych Ward: Wardens Edition, a free content update releases. Which adds in extra objects, walls, floors, and bridges. Along with more features to improve the prison building action. As a bonus for Prison Architect fans. Both Psych Ward: Wardens Edition and the free content update includes additional guard dogs. So players can paw-trol their compounds.
In Psych Ward: Wardens Edition, the Criminally Insane have arrived. They also happen to come with their own unique traits. To house these unpredictable inmates. Players can build a dedicated wing with padded cells. Also hire Psychiatrists with trained Orderlies and develop treatment sessions. Then outfit their prisons with right tools to ensure their needs are met. As you would expect, inmates must be treated with care. Since they can turn violent, vandalize, or even attempt to escape. Forcing your regular inmates into harsh conditions can cause them to turn criminally insane. So be sure to pay close attention.
Prison Architect – Psych Ward: Wardens Edition (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Players looking to try Prison Architect for the first time. Well, you can download the game for free during a Free Weekend on Steam. Due to end on Monday, November 25th. Prison Architect is also part of Steam’s annual Autumn sale. Where you can expect a 75% discount from now through Tuesday, December 3rd.
Psych Ward: Wardens Edition is the first PC expansion. At least since Paradox acquired the Prison Architect IP. And also partnered with Double Eleven earlier this year. Another expansion was teased at PDXCON in October and will launch in 2020.
Wardens Edition Key Features:
- Plead Insanity: Criminally insane inmates are unstable. So they require special care and have their own Reputation traits. Thing you have to consider for your Psych Ward: Wardens Edition prison. Let them co-exist with the general population. Or lock them away in a padded cell. How you manage their needs is up to you!
- Shrinks: Any prison holding the criminally insane needs a team of Psychiatrists and trained Orderlies to keep everything under control. These valuable prison staff can sedate rowdy prisoners or pull out the straitjackets when things get too rough.
- Doctor’s Note: Provide counseling to the criminally insane with the new Psychiatrist’s Office and new consultation Programs. Improve their sessions by upgrading the office with leather sofas, medicine cabinets, Rorschach tests, and more.
- Good Behavior: Your inmates now have a wide range of new behaviors players will need to manage. They start out harmless, but if left untreated, they can turn violent or attempt to escape.
- It’s Gone Viral: Treat your regular inmates with care. Subjecting your inmates to excessive suppression or punishment can cause them to turn criminally insane.
- Extra Padding: Psych Ward: Warden’s Edition adds padded cells and padded floors along with a bundle of other new objects, floors, and wall types to customize your prison. Now you can easily build a dedicated wing for the criminally insane.
- Tools of the Trade: Additional contraband, including Adrenaline Shots, Fountain Pens (Shanks), and Gold Pocket Watches, can be stolen by your prisoners, or by you in Escape Mode.