The Radical Summer event is coming for Rocket League in Linux, Mac and Windows PC games. Thanks to Psyonix, the San Diego game developer. Who is also announcing this brand new ‘80s themed in-game event. The first of which is coming on June 10th on Steam.
So the Rocket League Radical Summer takes place over nine weeks. Which also celebrates iconic movies and television. As well as the culture from the 1980’s. Doing so through the addition of limited time game modes. Including new items and two Premium DLC car packs. Look out for Ghostbusters and Knight Rider.
Rocket League – Radical Summer Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
The event will roll out in three different celebrations. With new content available during each phase. Like past in-game events, players can earn ‘Cassettes’. Simply by playing Online Matches that can be redeemed. So you can choose from various items of the beloved ‘80s franchises. Also a nice new update for the game. But Psyonix should have done this sooner.
The three celebrations and overall content of Radical Summer are:
Radical Summer ’80s Blockbusters – June 10 to July 1
- The Blockbusters celebration kicks off Radical Summer. So look out for the launch of the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Car Pack on June 10th. This pack will include the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Battle-Car. Also the Ecto-1 Wheels, Proton Pack Boost and Slimer Topper. The Ghostbusters Player Banner, Ghostbusters Avatar Border. Plus the Stay Puft Goal Explosion for $1.99 USD (or regional equivalent).
- The first limited-time game mode for Radical Summer is Ghost Hunt. In this spooky 3v3 mode players must fire a proton stream. So you can capture the ball. Then carry it to the opposing team’s Containment Zone to score a goal.
- Additional ‘80s franchises featured in the Blockbusters phase. Such as in-game items in the Radical Summer Event Store. All Back to the Future and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. Including The Goonies the Karate Kid. Additional details on the landing page.
’80s Culture – July 1 to July 22
- The action packed Spike Rush Game Mode. This will start the Radical Summer Culture celebration on July 1. Spike Rush is a 3v3 mode where each player has the Spike power-up from Rumble Mode. Which can be activated to carry the ball up field.
- New in-game items highlighting the iconic culture of the ‘80s. Available in the Event Store.
’80s Television – July 22 to August 12
- The Knight Rider Car Pack kicks off the last celebration. Since this Radical Summer release is dedicated to television. The pack will feature K.I.T.T. The high-speed, talking futuristic car outfitted with high-tech gadgets. And also a personality of its own from the hit ‘80s show. Alongside Knight Rider themed items. More information will be revealed later.
- Beach Ball Game Mode. The final limited time game mode in Radical Summer. It is a 2v2 mode inspired by beach volleyball. Including a larger ball, low ball gravity and Curveball mutator activated.
- Additional ‘80s franchises featured in the Television phase. Doing so as in-game items in the Radical Summer Event Store. Such as DreamWorksVoltron Legendary Defender and WWE. Additional info to follow later this summer.