The enchanting yet formidable Wood Elves are ruthless in defence of their home, the ancient forest kingdom of Athel Loren. They are peerless archers who ride Great Eagles into battle. Who can summon fearsome woodland allies to fight alongside them. Including colossal guardian Treemen and Forest Dragons.
Realm of The Wood Elves Features:
- New Wood Elves Race in the Grand Campaign
- New additional Race-specific currency: Amber
- Wonder-based Campaign victory condition
- Wood Elves may conquer any region on the map
- Two New Playable Legendary Lords: Orion and Durthu
- Two new Lord types with deep-specialisation skill trees
- Three new Hero types with deep-specialisation skill trees
- Comprehensive Wood Elves army roster
- Adds an additional campaign map to the game with the unique ‘Season of Revelations’ Wood Elves story Campaign
- New Unique Monsters, Heroes, Magic and Game Features
What’s the real story
Realm of The Wood Elves campaign offers a uniquely different campaign experience. Adding other playable races of Total War: WARHAMMER. Their major infrastructure is available in the Wood Elf settlements of Athel Loren. While they are capable of expanding outwards, capturing settlements and building limited outposts, known as Asrai Lookouts, in their stead. The heart of the campaign is The Great Oak, a unique 5-tier building related to the new Wonder victory condition.
The best part?
While also coming with a new story Campaign, “The Season of Revelation”. Gameplay is set in a beautiful and high-detail campaign map of Athel Loren. The surrounding Duchies of Breton, The Season of Revelation is playable as either Durthu or Orion. Hence the Wood Elves’ two Legendary Lords. This campaign tasks the player with uniting Athel Loren in the face of Bretonnian incursions. And later, from a series of fearsome, climactic attacks by the Beastman warlord Morghur, and his corrupted bray-herds.
Hence the Realm of The Wood Elves DLC adds a new currency: Amber. Alongside Gold, the Wood Elves require Amber to recruit certain elite units, to unlock certain technologies. And to expand the Oak of Ages. This is a finite resource in the world however. So Amber is scarce. This presents the player with a constant choice over spending on faction development. Or apply the currency to military might and achieving victory.
Now, if this does not get you more eager for more Total War: WARHAMMER. Check out the Realm of The Wood Elves details on Steam for a full explanation. Please note, no release date has been set.