Relic Space open world turn based RPG coming in Q3 2021 for both Linux and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Fourfold Games. due to make its debut on Steam Early Access.
Relic Space open world turn based RPG is coming in Q3 2021. Due to staying in Early Access for about a year, according to the Steam page. Development is handled by Jonah Wilberg of Fourfold Games. As Relic Space tells a deep post apocalyptic story through tactical gameplay. While engaging in a thrilling ship to ship combat with Newtonian physics. Including a mix of both handcrafted and procedurally generated missions. Due to arrive first for Windows PC, but Linux support is also expected.
Relic Space takes place in the year 2612 with more than 30 distinct regions. Which players can also explore by customizing and upgrading their very own ships. Beyond grid based, tactical turn based combat familiar to roguelike fans. Relic Space also features a well grounded story full of multi part missions. Along with following the story arcs, realistic damage (think BattleTech) and physics in space. This includes status effects for individual items. Each weapon, engine or utility item can catch fire, leak power, and generally be buffed and debuffed. Plus, equipment items also affect the ship in unique ways. This includes manual settings for heat and energy levels.
In the Relic Space backstory, the galaxy as we know it lies in ruins. All due to a world ending event known as the Fall. Players take on the role of the legendary Omega. Which is the elite pilot wing of a colony of survivors known as the Order. The only way to rebuild the population is to obtain and research “relics”. Which is the advanced tech past. Which is spread among the broken remains of planets and networks that make up the Relic Belts.
Relic Space Reveal Trailer (Linux, Windows PC)
Leaning toward hardcore sci-fi, Relic Space doesn’t feature aliens. Just post humans and AI. As a result, the writing – and the overall concept of recovering historical relics will help rebuild the populous. All of this raises serious questions. Can a tech population in crisis learn from its past? What values might space faring post humans carry with them?
“This is a crucial time for Relic Space,” says Jonah Wilberg, founder of Fourfold Games. “The Alpha build is ready, and we just released a brand new teaser. When I’m able to stop and think for more than a few minutes. I often recall the early days when Relic Space was more of a standard roguelike, with simple 2D graphics. That didn’t last long! My vision for the game soon evolved to actually transcend the genre. By including 3D visuals and the narrative depth usually associated with RPGs. That’s the ambitious game I intend to deliver throughout Early Access and beyond.”
- Tactical turn-based space combat: “One tile per turn” mechanics inspired by classic roguelikes.
- Flexible development: Acquire more powerful ships in Relic Space. Then equip them with countless weapon and utility combinations. Earn new piloting abilities through a flexible skill tree.
- Deep simulation: Realistic combat mechanics simulate damage to individual ship parts. Each weapon, engine or utility item can catch fire, or leak power. And acquire many more status effects.
- Real space: Movement rules based on actual space physics. Motion in a straight line is free. But turning, starting or stopping will cost energy.
- Immersive setting: Uncover a rich, branching Relic Space plus in a web of endless procedurally generated stories. All coming in a detailed setting inspired by hard sci-fi.
- Open world: Explore a vast procedurally generated solar system with hand crafted elements. Factions and NPCs pursue research, trade, construction projects, and other goals apart from you. Although your actions do affect their success or failure!
Relic Space open world turn based RPG is coming to Steam Early Access in Q3 2021. There is no specific release date yet. While the game will be kick off the release for Windows PC, Linux support is also expected.