So Rencounter is a #difficult, turn-based, #RPG now #available for Linux. Hence of one of those roguelike games with a mysterious atmosphere.
Hence the world of Rencounter is immersed in gloom. Since the game begins in a maze full of bloodthirsty enemies, valuable resources and secrets.
So players have to help your squad survive while navigating through a network of tunnels and rooms. Distribute provisions and medicine to keep them alive.
Since gameplay takes place n a world where every choice counts. Players will be taken away on a path that will shape your destiny. So find your way to the end of the quest and discover the secrets at the end of your journey.
- Explore dungeons
- Fight enemies
- Scavenge equipment
- Loot valuable items
- Build Your character
- Manage inventory
The games Update 18.104.22.168 (Linux version release)
- Rencounter is now available for Linux
- Added German translation
- Added Hungarian translation
- Completely redesigned interface in combat.
- Added the ability to drag and drop items in the inventory
- A few important bug fixes and changes
So as a game, Rencounter seemed to have evolved from Android release. Which this may make for a somewhat limited gameplay experience.
While the game does not offer much in the way of teaching the player. Hence you have to jump straight into the game and figure things out. Since gameplay is not overly complicated, a mobile port could be a red flag for some. But the dirt cheap price tag right now makes it worth it.
Rencounter available now on Steam for Linux, with a 50% discount until January 28th.
- Processor: Core 2 Duo or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 512MB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support. (ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher)
- Storage: 700 MB available space