Renowned Explorers: International Society is a turn-based strategy game for Linux, Mac and Windows, where players command a motley crew of explorers, charting the mysterious blank spots that dot your 19th century maps. The goal is to find legendary treasures in order to present them at the World Expo, where you and your rival battle for fame. To come out on top you will need to travel to exotic locations and plan ambitious expeditions with the help of a good map, the right equipment, and an expert crew. During these expeditions you will encounter reality and myth and everything in between, as each journey brings you to forgotten cities, bustling civilizations, and untamed wilds. Be the first to chart all of this and you could just become the world’s most Renowned Explorers: International Society member!
Each of the 20 explorers has their own expertise and character traits when dealing with conflicts. Choose among Fighters, Scouts, Speakers and Scientists and find out the best way to use their talents. Acquire knowledge, get rich, or become famous by completing procedurally generated expeditions. Use these resources to get the skills, support and equipment you need for your next endeavor. Approach the natives consciously when running into a conflict; Fight them with Melee, Ranged and Area of Effect attacks; Win them over using Cheers, Charms and Compliments; Scare them away by Insults, Taunts and Humiliation. Every encounter is a new challenge with many solutions and it’s up to you to build a reputation. Are you a diplomat, a schemer or a fighter..? Prepare you expedition for September!
- Explore the far corners of the world in the age of discovery, outsmart your rivals, campaign for fame and become the most Renowned Explorers: International Society member of the 19th century
- Live your own adventures; get to know your explorers with their own character traits, skills and quirks, manage their progression while hunting for the most prestigious treasures
- Prepare your treasure hunt; collect insight, research, gold and status on your expeditions to acquire supplies and support for the next adventure
- Attitude-based gameplay; choose the best course of action by engaging your opponents physically and mentally using charm, deception, intimidation or a show of force
- There is always something new to discover in the thrilling procedurally generated expeditions, where your reputation opens up new opportunities
Acquire knowledge, get rich, or become famous by completing any of the procedurally generated expeditions. Use these resources to get the skills, support and equipment you need for your next endeavor.
Approach the locals carefully when you encounter them:
- Fight them with Melee, Ranged and Area of Effect attacks
- Win them over using Cheers, Charms and Compliments
- Scare them away by Insults, Taunts and Humiliation
Every encounter is a new challenge that has many different solutions and it’s up to you to build a reputation. Are you a diplomat, a schemer or a fighter..?
Shortly after the success of the god-game Reus, the monks of Abbey Games decided to abide with their vision by creating another original PC game of one of the classical genres. They did this by combining strategic gameplay with an adventurous theme and art style. This rare combination, together with their innovative ‘Attitude-based gameplay’, makes this game truly one of its kind.
According to Adriaan Jansen, co-founder and game designer; “We took our inspiration from FTL and XCOM, plus an unlikely source; the Sims. We created a world full of procedurally generated locations to explore that feels like those of Indiana Jones and Tintin. The player can choose how to approach any encounters ahead: violently or verbally.”
As of today players can embark on their own adventures in Renowned Explorers, as the Linux, Mac and Windows PC game has been released with a temporary 10% starter discount. Players that also possess the god-game Reus in their Steam, GoG or Humble Store inventory will receive a 25% loyalty discount on Renowned Explorers.