While there rarely comes a game with a challenge so great, even the developers have struggled to complete it. With no option in #difficultymodes. Players are thrust into an ever-changing dungeon wilderness while #survival is your only task. So we welcome Rezrog in the news. Which will #release worldwide on Wednesday, May 31st for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
So evade evil Wizards, grotesque creatures and hideous tongue-lashing swamp monsters while gaming. Having descended to the darkest depths of the earth, they harvest the power of the gems. While players take their team to the brave adventurers. Using your tactical skills, take advantage of enemy weaknesses to wrench the power back. Progressing dungeon by dungeon in a quest to restore Rezrog to a peaceful land.
Battle through 100 dungeon levels across 10 environments. With infinite procedurally generated dungeon layouts. Since no two play-through’s are ever the same. While you face traps and pitfalls in your way to make each dungeon more challenging. Testing saw countless players even fall to one of the early dungeons. So get your tactics wrong and even the tutorial level can account for a number of your team.
Rezrog Survival Guide #1: Avoiding Permadeath
So this is the first in a series of Rezrog survival guides and news. This release is to show Rezrog’s unique party mechanic across Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Which puts a new spin on Permadeath. Enter a dungeon with any one of your team. If they are defeated, they are captured along with all the skills and loot. But all is not lost for your fallen hero. Come to their rescue and release them to fight another day. Should all your team be captured however, your quest has come to an end.
- Unique party mechanic: You have a party of brave heroes at your disposal. Each with unique looks and strengths, but only one of them can go on an adventure at a time. If one hero falls prey to the enemy and gets captured. Rescue him with another member!
- Tactical turn-based combat: Carefully plan your actions during the combat. Conserve your resources and exploit enemy weaknesses.
- No two dungeons are ever the same: Procedurally generated dungeons create a unique experience for each and every player. With interesting dungeons, large variety of equipment items and events gaming exploration.
- Permadeath: Getting your whole party captured means the end of the journey for your daring party of heroes.
- Progress persistence: Leave your legacy to next generations of heroes, even after permadeath. By acquiring and forging precious gems which leave stat points for use in a new game.
- Tabletop aesthetic: Mimics a paper board game style.
- Adventurers to heroes: Share all gear and skills within your team and equip them to suit your playstyle. But do it evenly. If your strongest hero is captured, you face an uphill task.
- Dungeon crawling: Prepare for unforeseen events as you face various dungeon challenges. Avoiding traps and lethal encounters.
- Skill system: Skill discovery and upgrade system that allows acquiring and improving skills as you play.
- Boss battles: Challenging boss battles to test your fighting spirit. One wrong move could spell defeat.
- Large world to explore: 100 dungeon levels, 10 different environments.
- 7 character classes to play.
- More than 60 skills that can be upgraded to become even more powerful.
- More than 120 enemies to encounter.
Rezrog will be available on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC gaming. Priced at $9.99, £6.99, €9.99. Hence the release date of May 31st, so add it to your Wishlist. More news coming soon.