RimWorld the sci-fi colony sim has a full release for Linux, Mac and Windows. A driven by an intelligent AI storyteller available on Steam and Humble Store. Which also takes inspiration from Dwarf Fortress, Firefly, and Dune.
So if you are playing an ummodded game. You are good to go, just keep playing. Since version 1.0 is compatible with un-modded save games from Beta 19 and Beta 18.
Therefore, if you are playing a modded game, follow these two steps now:
- In Steam Library, right-click on RimWorld, select Properties, go to the Betas tab and select the “beta19” beta.
- Back up your mod files.
- Copy all the files in “~.steam/steam/steamapps/workshop/content/294100”
- Paste them all in “~.steam/steam/steamapps/common/RimWorld/Mods”
So this means that modders should not update in-place to prevent the above problem. Since: Ludeon Studios can’t guarantee that everyone will get the message.
Also version 1.0 is mostly the same as Beta 19. Which comes with a lot of bug fixes. The only significant new feature is a new food restriction system. Since this allows you to determine what your colonists and prisoners are allowed to eat.
RimWorld full release Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
RimWorld gameplay has players starting with three survivors. Since you are shipwrecked on a distant world.
- Manage colonists’ moods, needs, wounds, and illnesses.
- Build colonies in the forest, desert, jungle, tundra, and more.
- Watch colonists develop. And also break relationships with family members, lovers, and spouses.
- Replace wounded limbs and organs with prosthetics, bionics, or biological parts harvested from others.
- Fight pirates, tribes, mad animals, giant insects and ancient killing machines.
- Craft structures, weapons, and apparel. While using metal, wood, stone, cloth, and futuristic materials.
- Tame and train cute pets, productive farm animals, and deadly attack beasts.
- Trade with passing ships and caravans.
- Form caravans complete quests, trade, attack other factions, or migrate your whole colony.
- Dig through snow, weather storms, and fight fires.
- Capture refugees or prisoners and turn them to your side or sell them into slavery.
- Discover a new generated world each time you play.
- Explore hundreds of wild and interesting mods on the Steam Workshop.
- Learn to play easily with the help of an intelligent and unobtrusive AI tutor.