RIOT: Civil Unrest the real time sim games release date is available for Linux, Mac and Windows. All thanks to Merge Games, who are proud to announce the release of v1.0 of the game. This is real-time riot simulation born out of actual experience.
RIOT: Civil Unrest, a real-time riot simulation experience. The full release date is coming for Linux, Mac and Windows on February 12th. Currently available on consoles. But born out of the real-life experiences. All coming from artist and creator, Leonard Menchiari.
During the summer of 2011 Leonard attended the NO-TAV protests in northern Italy. While there, he witnessed first-hand the actions. This includes both the protesters and law enforcement officers. Thinking the interactive nature of video games. The idea within the perfect medium to show how riots develop. Leonard put his documentary making and pixel art skills to good use.
RIOT: Civil Unrest is a unique, thought-provoking experience. One that also puts you at the heart of recent confrontations. Also a complex strategy game. RIOT: Civil Unrest has players objectives for each scenario. So it’s up to you to choose how to tackle each situation. While putting different game plans and tactics to use. Working towards that perfect outcome.
So here is where you discover if you can dismiss an angry crowd. Or simply overcome a well equipped militia.
Player performance is focuses on a key factors. Since aggression can lead to a quick, successful outcome. Where a softer approach may have the same resolution. Without all of the damaging public opinion.
The games spread across four campaigns. This also features over 30 individual scenarios. Ranging from Oakland in California. From Tahrir Square in Egypt and Caracas in Venezuela.
RIOT: Civil Unrest also lets players control either side. So either the protesters or law enforcement. All in an effort to come to a balanced view of each event.
RIOT: Civil Unrest real time sim Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Play as the Police
- Employ numerous crowd-control tactics. Both in passive and aggressive in RIOT: Civil Unrest.
- Command Assault, Tactical and Ballistic squads.
- Call in police trucks, water cannons or even a tank!
- Choose whether to use smoke grenades. Or rubber and plastic bullets. Maybe even live ammunition.
Play as the Rioters
- Instruct Rioters (armed and passive), and Journalists.
- Create rage and cause the masses to act in anger. Or try to calm the situation while using tactical crowd renewal. And the careful use of retreats.
- Attack police with Molotov cocktails and fireworks. Also paper-bombs, rocks and street furniture. Or simple use the power of the media.
- Sixteen campaign levels split over four scenarios. So experience Keratea (Greece), NoTAV (Italy) and Indignados (Spain). Plus the Arab Spring (Egypt).
- See the story unfold from both sides. Since you can play over thirty scenarios. Either as the Rioters or the Police.
- Single player mode – play against the computer AI in RIOT: Civil Unrest.
- Versus mode – play with or against a friend. Or while playing AI on the same computer.
Create your own riots (PC ONLY)
- Name your riot, create a description of the event. And also add many other details. Such as where, when, links etc.
- Add your own background images.
- Place and edit sprites from a library. Since this includes more than 700 objects.
- Add lighting and weather effects. Also vehicles, particle effects and filters.
- Customise the characters’ skins. As well as clothes and gear.
- Also have your own gameplay rules. Both outlining the rebels and police teams. And their objectives.
- Share your levels on Steam Workshop!