Rising Lords is a medieval turn based strategy for Windows, we have the games plan for Linux. Thanks to developer Argonwood. Who are looking to release the game this year. There is also Steam page, just in case you want to Wishlist.
Rising Lords is a medieval turn based strategy game. Which also mixes with card and board game elements. Since you send your serfs to fight and die. You know, doing so in your name. Or you could let them prosper. Then use them to your advantage. It’s really up to you.
Rising Lords will have you collect taxes and resources. While dictating rations and field work. Forge weapons, reshape the battlefield and raise armies. All while building mighty fortified cities. Help your people become knights. Or just dump them on a battlefield far away. But be careful: even the most humble peasants will revolt, eventually.
Argonwood released an alpha announcement trailer. So again, I reached out to get some details on Linux support. With details that looks far more promising for Rising Lords. The studio is eager to really expand platform support.
“We are using Gamemaker Studio.
Gamemaker can export to Ubuntu and we have the module for it. I don’t see a reason why not.
Of course we need to test that first. And also see if cross platform games are possible.
Game Launch will be towards the end of the year. Linux build should follow shortly after.”
So this is much better news than our previous reply. And Rising Lords‘s Steam page is live. For those eager to Wishlist the game as well.
Plus the studio is eager for a cross platform release. And rightly so, gameplay is shaping up. With a 2019 release being part of the plan. Although, no release date et.
Rising Lords Alpha Announcement Trailer (Windows, then Linux)
In addition to its campaign mode. Rising Lords features robust multiplayer functionality.
So you can play a quick game. Or settle in for an evening or more. Play mind games with your friends with Rising Lords’ advanced social interactivity. Let them pay for their disrespect in questioning your rule.
- Find the perfect balance – juggle production, resource gathering, diplomacy and treason, tax and rations – all vital in the success of your provinces
- Strategic battles – besiege your enemy’s cities to starve them out. Go all-out attack or wait for them to come to you
- Up to 4-player simultaneous multiplayer – in Rising Lords don’t wait for each individual player to take their turn
- The psychology of war – Play mind games with your opponents with advanced social interactions
- Subtle variables – Morale, terrain and fortifications have a huge impact on battle, and the tide can turn quickly
- Customisation – Tailor your leader’s look and skills in Rising Lords. Craft your perfect cities and troops
- Risks and opportunities – React to figures that visit your province. Find ways to take advantage, and work quickly to eliminate threats!
- Take your pick – React to more than 50 different events and collect unique cards to surprise your enemy!
Since Rising Lords medieval turn based strategy on Steam. The games coming to Windows, but also Linux as well. That is if all goes well with the Argonwood plan.